Thursday, November 01, 2007

Time Is On My Side

How splendiferous (at least spell check picked that one up) to begin NaBloPoMo with a meme from my good peeps at The Back Porch.
Onesome: Time is-- your friend? ...or your enemy? It's your call, but how do you feel about "time"? Are you in need of a spare cupful? ...or are you set?
  • Time is an interesting subject. Time isn't real per se, it's just a way to mark our physical existence on this planet so it can be whatever you want. Did you know a 100 hour day was once proposed? Each hour would consist of 100 minutes? And 100 seconds in each minute, etc. That's taking the metric system a bit too far in my opinion. So, time moves too fast and also too slow. Fun times pass too quickly but I'm at work for far too long. The year is passing quickly (November already people!!) but I'm dying for it to be over. So I could use more time, if I could put it toward what I choose.
Twosome: on my-- way out the door, the last thing I check is to see....... Go ahead, fill in the blank!
  • Totally easy. The last thing I check is where all the cats are. Are the ones that have to stay inside, inside? Are the ones that have to go out, out? Am I going to step on a tail or squish a body in the door? It's quite the process.
Threesome: "Side--out Sports"... I just love that name. Have you seen any fun signs or slogans lately you can share with the gang?
  • Not so much. I know that ads are trying to make me remember them so I will buy the product, so I actively try and NOT remember the tag line. Is that perverse? Probably. Whatevs. I liked the De Beers commercials when it was just silhouettes and the diamond. "A Diamond Is Forever" And I like Kay jewellers partially because we got our rings there, but they have a cute tag: "Every Kiss Begins With Kay..." I seem to like the diamond commercials best. Wonder what that's all about?

This is me, NaBloPoMo-ing for the first time.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

COmmercials totally get me - I'm the most suggestiable person EVER. You show a commercial for eggs, I need eggs. And Should we mention this to Tarzan - all the diamond commercials - hint hint??

From Whence You Cometh