Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I Am Slowly Going Crazy

I'm pretty sure I'm losing my mind. Slowly but definitely losing my mind. Witness all the weird dreams I have. Who's brain is THAT messed up? And it's starting to spill over into waking life. I almost had a meltdown in the office yesterday. This one project is killing me. Every day there's some element that makes it harder and more complicated to handle. I have done my utmost to monitor all the little things and make sure I know where everything goes. Friday I left, reasonably sure we were moving forward. Yesterday morning I come in to find all the sheets have been changed and the floors don't align anymore?!?!?!? I, politely, asked if anyone had touched these specific items, no one claimed responsibility, and I proceeded to try and fix the situation. Is it really my fault if I'm a little short when people ask me questions that are unrelated to the project that's due in 27 DAYS!? And am I not justified in being peeved when they mock me quietly and subtly ALL DAY LONG about the snap in the morning? I mean, wouldn't you be upset? I was not the most conciliatory employee yesterday. So fire me. I would say that was a solitary incident and not necessarily indicative of my pending insanity if not for last night's little episode. I woke up in the night sure that the cat sleeping next to me was dead. (The same cat that was making me feel really overheated.) I almost woke up Tarzan to...I don't know what - bury her maybe? - when she decided I was disturbing her sleep and jumped off the bed. I couldn't go back to sleep for the longest time and I think the other cats suspected something was wonky because they each came over to sniff my face and plop down on my chest for some scratches. Good thing I don't have any allergies.

This is me, in serious need of an extended vacation.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh