Sunday, November 18, 2007

Whiney Post

Why can't I do all that I need to without getting tired and/or losing motivation? Other people manage it just fine. My in-laws are crazy people, flying here and there to do conferences and teach clinics while both still teach full time. My MIL raised four kids while teaching school and giving music lessons. My parents had nine kids - three still live at home - they both have jobs and they raise and train horses. What is wrong with me that after working, planning stuff for church and cooking dinner, I can't find the time to vacuum once in a while? There's a family at church who are getting ready to have their tenth kid and their house it always neat and tidy. Even the kid's rooms. I mean, look at Snickollet. She's raising twins on her own AND holding down a full time job, while being part of play groups and running a freaking marathon! I know we aren't supposed to compare ourselves to others, just do the best we can and pray hard for the strength to continue but I feel like I should be able to do more before I get tired and brain fried. I feel guilty that I don't cook for Tarzan most nights. He's home before me and makes something for himself usually. You've heard the laundry stories and let's not even talk about the size of the dust bunnies under the bed. The yard's a disaster. I can only imagine what the attic looks like now and I can barely reach the dryer because of all the crap stuffed in the shed. There's so much that I feel I should be doing and I just don't get to it. It depressing that I'm lazy or weak or whatever it is that keeps me from doing all that I should be doing.
On the other hand, the whole program with the kids at church today went really well. I was all nervous and stressed out beforehand and during but the kids seemed to take it in stride. They spoke out, looked at their parents, sang well and not a dry eye in the place. Lots of compliments about it being the best one ever. A success.
Then we had a committee meeting for the Christmas party. Since I'm not in charge of it this year - and really, I don't want to be, it's a lot of stress and hounding people and I have the Sunday program on December 23rd to plan and lead practices for - I have to be careful to not step on the chairperson's toes while knowing what she has planned isn't going to be enough for 100+ people.
Am I taking on more than I can handle? Am I worrying about stuff that I shouldn't be? Why can others seem to balance more than I can? Why can't I do it all?

This is me, looking down the barrel of another week and feeling overwhelmed.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh