Monday, November 26, 2007

Letter To Me

I heard a new song on the radio the other morning – this guy writing a letter to his 17-year old self and it made me think, what I would write to my 17-year old self? I don't think I would CHANGE anything majorly if I could go back. I had what was a fairly tame teenager-hood. No tattoos, piercings, weird haircuts or dye jobs to regret. Hmm, it seems I WAS a goody-two-shoes like they said. I guess I was pretty naive then. Not that I’m not now, but I REALLY was then. What would I say to myself?

  • Don’t rush the first kiss – it’ll be better if you don’t
  • Don’t bug RS quite so much. Guys like to do the pursuing
  • Make dad tell you why something is right or wrong, don't just accept it because he said it
  • Study harder, especially physics and chemistry
  • Do what you want, not what’s cool (gah, I sound like a PBS special)
  • Take the chances/opportunities that are offered you
  • Work on more stage productions
  • Consider what your major in college SHOULD be
  • Essentially, get to know yourself first, then worry about who else you’re getting to know

How about you? Anything you would tell your 17-year old self?

This is me, reflecting.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

Hmm... I have a good one:

Reva - you will meet your husband in July of 2004.

See? Then I wouldn't have had to date prior to Jared, and I wouldn't have minded that at all.

:)

From Whence You Cometh