Saturday, November 17, 2007

Grumblings.

This NaBloPoMo thing gets hard after a while. Or maybe it's just that my brain is fried after being at work for 8 hours on a Saturday. Yes, work. Again. It sucks. Greatly. I'm grouchy today. How are you? The good news is that there is no game this weekend - we play Thursday of all things. Weird. The bad thing - besides the fact I am at work at all - is that part of my mind is stressed out over the program at church tomorrow. I mentioned, I believe, that I was asked to be to the head of the Primary (little squirts) at church. Once a year, usually in the latter quarter, the kids speak and sing in the "big" chapel for their parents, partly I guess to show off what they have been learning in junior Sunday School. Tomorrow is that day. And we have a lot of comme ci comme ca kind of kids. There is one family that is solid as a rock and I love them and their parents. But oft times I feel that they get dumped on and taken for granted because they can be counted on to be there and do as they are asked. How does one thank a family that you don't really socialize with, other than Sunday and a few select activities over the course of a year, but appreciate all the same? It is a dilemma.
In other news, but the same subject, this is a short week coming, and I certainly hope to be able to rest a little. Unlikely since some people are coming to Thanksgiving who will add to the stress rather than aid in the relaxation but whatevs. Few hours, some bird and then I go home to sleep and snuggle with Tarzan for a day. I likely will have to come to work on Friday...maybe only half day. We'll see. The office is going to owe me SO much comp time before I leave here. What are your plans for Thanksgiving?
But I have to get through tomorrow and the three days following first.

This is me, having should done the laundry so we have something to wear next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

small kids are invariably cute. They make everyone go 'aw' when they screw up. You'll be fine. After all, you've salted the horses' food, you've nearly shoved their heads into the cool water by this point. If they don't drink, it's not like they don't know the water won't kill them.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap they're making you come in on Friday???? You should totally quit!;)

From Whence You Cometh