Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Age Is 30

We're mixing it up this week. Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving I'm postponing my usual Thursday meme - from the good folks a The Back Porch - until Friday. To prevent my faithful readers from developing withdrawal symptoms at a lack of a meme, I give you this one from my good friend RHM. It is tres simple.
Put a 'X' in every box that applies to you - elaborate if you wish - the best part of these meme things is the story behind the answer.
[X ] You know how to make a pot of coffee - well I understand the concept and I have done it once, but they asked me to never do it again.
[X ] You keep track of dates using a calendar
[X ] You own more than one credit card
[ ] You know how to change the oil in a car
[X ] You've done your own laundry
[X ] You vote in every election
[X ] You can cook for yourself
[X ]You think politics are exciting
TOTAL SO FAR: 7
---------------------------------------------------------
[ ] You show up for school/college/work every day early - HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Are they kidding?
[X ] You always carry a pen in your bag/purse
[X ] You've never gotten a detention - I was 'excused' from class once for laughing too much.
[ ] You have forgotten your own birthday at least once
[ ] You like to take walks by yourself
[ ] You've watched talk shows
[X ] You know what credibility means, without looking it up
[ ] You drink coffee at least once a week
TOTAL SO FAR:10
---------------------------------------------------------
[X ] You know how to do the dishes
[X ] You can count to 10 in another language
[X ] When you say you're going to do something you do it
[X ] Your parents trust you
[X ] You can mow the lawn - I CAN mow it - we just don't have any grass
[ ] You remember to water the plants
[X ] You can make adults laugh without being stupid ~ depends on the group and the day
[X ] You study when you have to - mostly
[X ] You pay attention at school/college/work - mostly
[X ] You remember to feed your pets - like they'd let me forget.

TOTAL SO FAR: 19
---------------------------------------------------------
[X ] You can spell experience, without looking it up
[ ] You work out/exercise on a regular basis
[X ] You clean up your own mess - and everyone else's
[ ] The people at Starbucks know you by name
[ ] Your favorite kind of food is take out
[ ] The first thing you do when you wake up is get caffeine
[X ] You can go to the store without getting something you don't need - I CAN, I just don't do it often
[X ] You understand political jokes the first time they are said - mostly
[X ] You can type quickly
TOTAL SO FAR: 24
---------------------------------------------------------
[X ] You have realized that the weather forecast changes every hour
[ ] Your only friends are from your place of employment
[ ] You have been to a Tupperware party
[X ] You have realized that no one will take you seriously unless you are over the age of 25 and have a job
[ ] You have more bills than you can pay
[ ] Most of your friends are older than you are
[X ] You can say no to staying out all night
[X ] you use the Internet every day - duh
[X ] Your wardrobe hasn't changed in a while - this is iffy, do I buy new clothes? yes. Are they same look as the old ones? yes.
[X ] You can read a book and actually finish it
TOTAL ADDED UP: 30
---------------------------------------------------------
Now repost as "My age is ___"

This is me, astounded that I am younger than I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This part was my favorite: You know how to make a pot of coffee - well I understand the concept and I have done it once, but they asked me to never do it again. Heehee!

From Whence You Cometh