Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
everybody!!
Is it just me or does the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade have more commercials than floats? I get that they need sponsors and dough to keep this thing going every year but really? In the last hour we've had 45 minutes of advertisements and 15 minutes of Broadway show numbers, which are cool and all, but it's not the parade man...
Why, then, do the Rockettes make me all emotional? Seriously, they started their high kicks and I got all teary. Also the high school marching band from Tennessee who are marching in missing man formation for members of their school who died this year. And the Barbie float. And the Snoopy balloon. And Santa Claus. Gah. I am such a girl.
In keeping with Jungle tradition, I present the things I am most thankful for. My three kernels this year are:
  1. Tarzan. He's a good man and he's good to me. I won't nauseate you too much but I am very thankful for him and all he does to provide for us. He is the reason I can quit in January and become the mother of his children.
  2. My health. Despite all the whining and wishing I do I am healthy. And I definitely could not be. In reading a lot of the blogs I have become increasingly aware of all the issues I COULD have so I am thankful I don't.
  3. Our house. It's small and it needs a lot of maintenance and I whine about how I want a bigger one (do you sense that I whine a lot? Hmm, maybe that'll be one of my New Year's resolutions) but it is ours and I love it. It's been kept safe all our years here and we are so lucky and thankful for that.

I asked Tarzan what his kernels were this year - he didn't want to blog it - and he said "you, my second job [yes, the man has two jobs] and the gospel [the principles of our religion]" That is another reason why I love him - he keeps the big picture when I get bogged down in the details.

We are off to Palm Springs for dinner with my parents and siblings but we are thinking of Tarzan's parents and siblings in Colorado! Love you!

This is me, overflowing with the thanks.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh