Wednesday, November 14, 2007

More On The Leaving

It's amazing how the prospect of leaving lightens my mood. Like, since there's a specific end to the insanity of working I can not stress so much as when I was looking down the barrel of forever in this place. In any place. And the sad thing is this is not a bad place to work. Really. Shut up. Stop laughing! Seriously, stop.

Last night, working late again on that same competition, the boss asked if there was anything they could do to make me stay longer. I politely said that there really wasn't because I'm not leaving because I'm unhappy here. And it's true in a way. And really, this is the best of all the offices I have ever worked. At least in the camaraderie aspect - I do like MOST of the people here. (Seriously, stop it with the laughing.) And the pay is excellent. The location is awesome. It's the not this office that really makes me upset, though I have done my fair share of whining, it's the working as a principle that bugs me.
Plus, it's not like they could pay me enough to stay forever. No one has that much money.
MC was so cute yesterday (who'd have thunk I'd EVER say those words?) when he said, "I heard you're leaving us, my dear."

I said "Indeed. It's time for me to move on to other things."

He said "That's too bad. I've tried really hard to clean up my language."

Aww. So I thanked him for the thought, and reassured him that was not the reason I was choosing to leave the office.

Too bad they aren't that nice when they can't find something...

This is me, doing okay with the rest of this year.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh