Sunday, November 25, 2007

Are We There Yet?

I was sitting there, minding my own business, listening to the speakers in church, reflecting on what a nice day it had been. I had talked to all the people I needed to, got commitments for playing/singing/reading for the Christmas program, the lessons were done, the activities completed...why did I feel this sense of dread creeping up on me? Oh yeah. Tomorrow is Monday and it's back to the salt mine for a VERY intense week wherein I may not get to come home at all. I know, it's only a week (give or take 4 days) and I should be able to summon up the energy for this last sprint to the finish line. For all intents and purposes once this project is submitted to the building department I am done. There are lots of little items that will need cleaning up, forms to sign and get recorded, the corrections from the building department, but this last push is it. Why don't I feel enthused? I am SO not a good enduring to the end kind of girl. Maybe I just shouldn't take vacations. Then I would forget what rest and peace and quiet feel like and I wouldn't yearn for it so much. It's true. I've noticed when I have a project to do, packing and moving, decorating, cleaning, whatever, once I an geared up to do it I like to just charge on through to the end. I'll stop to eat, drink or breathe after it's all done. If I stop in the middle I lose my momentum. I've lost my momentum.

This is me, wondering, is it over yet?

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh