Friday, November 16, 2007

Plans Galore

"What are you going to do when you quit?"
This question amuses me greatly. Since we decided that I would quit at the end of this year we have slowly been telling people, mostly family, and now the office. Nearly everyone reacts the same way.
"Oh wow! That's exciting."
"What are you going to do with all your time?"
"Make sure you have something to do so you don't get bored."
Even the boss asked me that once he found out I wasn't pregnant. Find something to do? Are they kidding? Half the reason I am quitting is so I have some time to do all the stuff I can't do right now. Like clean the house. Seriously.
In no particular order here is just a sampling of all the things I have thought of to do when I will no longer be working.

  • Sleep in
  • Clean, reorganize and purge the house of all the crap we don't use
  • Insulate the attic
  • Read
  • Visit my sisters-in-law in the Deep South and the Rockies
  • Pave the patio in the backyard
  • Visit Tarzan regularly for nooners
  • Trim the trees and bushes in the front yard
  • Beat Heroes of Might and Magic, SimCity 3000 and finish a game of Civilization - any version
  • Audit a class just for the fun and knowledge of it
  • Travel to Europe with Tarzan for 6 weeks
  • Clear out the laundry shed - TOTALLY different from purging the house
  • Go to the beach in the middle of the week
  • Repaint the house and front porch
  • Visit my sister in England and see my nephew who will be a year old in February!
  • Clean all the windows
  • Get pregnant with twins
  • Answer all my email and comment on lots more blogs
  • Do the laundry during the week so Tarzan and I can go out on Saturday
  • Cook dinner from scratch rather than from a box and eat it at a decent hour, i.e. before 9pm
  • Buy a hammock and relax in the daylight in the backyard

This is me, with plans, lots of plans for next year.

Note:***OMG I totally forgot to mention dancing! How could I? We're going to take ballroom and latin classes again and go out to dancing establishments!***

AND I forgot to mention ripping out all the carpet and putting in hardwood floors. And painting. Lots of home repairs.

2 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Awesome list!! Wish I'd had time to make a list - of course you kinda deserve it more seeing as you actually kept a job for more than a year;) ATLANTA WANTS YOU!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the nooners with Tarzan will help the twins thing. Good luck.

From Whence You Cometh