Wednesday, January 31, 2007
The not so good news is that my jaw is soooo sore. It's a good thing blogging is done by typing and not by talking because I won't be doing much of that today. Gah. I have a REALLY small mouth. (Just ask Tarzan!) Though it doesn't feel all that small to me the poor dentist couldn't even get his mirror into the back of my mouth without smacking my upper teeth. And of course the to-be-canaled tooth was the very last one on the left side. Everything that went in my mouth hit my upper teeth, the drill vibrated my upper jaw more than the lower. For about two hours it was all "stretch really wide now" and "big, big for me" and "don't close, keep your mouth open." Little did he know I had a cramp in my jaw and that was as wide as my jaw could go. At one point I had tears in my eyes from the stretching business. All for a nerve that's about the size of two human hairs. (Do you know how small that is? Yeah!) Cavities which seem so big in the x-rays are smaller than a drop of water. The 'files' they use are the size of Barbie toothpicks, and teeth, which seem so big when felt by the tongue are about the size of peas - smaller even.
The other good news is that the actual drilling did not hurt at all (The Gentle Dental Center is very good with the pain management) and my tooth does not hurt at all today. Just the right side of my jaw. Ooochie. Only two more appointments, one for the molding and one for the installation of the crown. That oughta be interesting. The last time I had a crown the dentist almost dislocated my jaw trying to get the mold in there. And that was for a tooth further up than this one is.
This is me glad when this is all over.
Monday, January 29, 2007
I've always appreciated that discussion and it reminds me of my stewardship to care for this earth, the animals and the plants on it.
This is animal-loving me.
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Seriously, that psychologist had better have really good grades.
This is me kinda scared of my own dreams.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
I thank everyone for their suggestions regarding MC and my retaliatory options. (When suggestions were being tossed around for lunch today I threw out Daphne's and his reaction was "anywhere but that Greek place." Why, why, why, why, why?) The consensus seems to be to tell him off the next time he says anything...that and stop showering so he goes away. :D
This is me about to get stinky!
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
My subconscious is a mighty weird place!
This is me irritated.
Friday, January 19, 2007
Saturdays are good, but by the time I sleep in a little (8am), take my sister to work, do the grocery shopping, the laundry and three loads of dishes, strip and remake the bed and prepare talks/lessons/songs etc. for Sunday and then pick my sister up from work there's not much left of the day. And Saturday evening leads right into...
Sundays where I wake up earlier (6am) than I have to for work (7am) go to meetings and then come back to pick up people for church and still be there in time to set up Primary by 9am. The afternoons could be calm but the threat of Monday hangs over my head so I feel the need to do something so as not to waste a single second and everything feels like it's wasting time. It's so stressful to choose something to do!
Mondays are just not nice. 'Nuff said
Tuesdays aren't much better because I can't even remember the last weekend anymore and the next one is so far away I can't even plan for it.
Wednesdays are better than Tuesdays, but it's still the middle of the week and the piles of paper around my desk are getting higher and higher.
Thursdays can be okay - depending on what is due that day or the next - Friday is right around the corner and the weekend is in sight.
And then it's lovely lovely Friday again. Ahhhh. I am so ready for the weekend.
This is me preparing.
Thursday, January 18, 2007
- Flowers from Tarzan (see last post) He's so good for me and to me. I'm a lucky girl.
- Heard from Marcus and Lara (USC alumni) They want me to help them design their house. How awesome is that? Designing homes for individual families is the reason I got into architecture. I can't wait to get going on it!
- My best friend from college - Juliann the opera star! - just started her own blog and I'm totally excited to see her posts and keep track of her career. SHE and her hubby live far away from me too (all the cool people do!) so this will totally rock for keeping in touch!
- Got a new flat screen monitor (very schnazzy) at work AND a new laptop at home so I can play and post and design whenever I want! Optical mouse, new carrying case...yes I AM a nerd. :)
- Saw the dentist yesterday and I have to have a root canal...I try so hard to floss and brush all the time - I wanted to get through life without a root canal. I had my wisdom teeth out. Twice. I'd hoped I'd appeased the teeth gods. Apparently not...Icky.
- My windshield wipers are dry on the car and while I can check the oil and change a tire by myself, I don't know where the windshield wiper fluid goes. :(
- The weather's been very dry lately and my hair is not amused. It seems the Bounce sheets don't work with the wind blowing either so my clothes are sticking to me and my hair is sticking out from my head.
- This young punk at a developer's office that I have to deal with. The dude is SO insincere and even though he's younger than me he talks down to me like I don't know what I am doing. All too often it's clear that he DEFINITELY doesn't understand what I'm doing for him OR what HE's supposed to be doing. Grr.
I guess it's not as bad as I was thinking. It's only the root canal that really sucks...Yet another reason to love the blog, it reminds me how truly blessed my life is!
This is me up-per than I was.
Saturday, January 13, 2007
A delivery guy.
This is me misty.
Friday, January 12, 2007
Where do I come up with this stuff?
This is me listening.
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Now what does that mean? I don't have issues with Tarzan's family. We get along rather well I think. They don't live close enough to drop in unannounced so it's not like I feel pressure from them or worry that they are intruding in our life... If anything I wish his family lived closER so that I could see them more, especially his siblings.
This is me wondering what's in my head.
Monday, January 08, 2007
My voice did not improve after leading the Primary children and then the entire congregation in song at church. I really hope no one could hear me because I could hear me and I missed 95% of the notes, and at least half of the words. "L..d, I ....d fo...w thee..."
Happy news: For those that requested it I republished the entry from a few weeks ago (Picture This (#2)) with larger images. Not that I see why people need large pictures of me looking weird - the small ones are more than enough, but there you go, you crazy peeps you.
This is me mending.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
In the two hour meeting I was in last night that sore throat blossomed into a lovely head cold. Yes. Thank you everyone who sneezed on me - now I am sick. Gah. All those pills and vitamins don't mean a thing if a germ has your name on it.
And I have three projects that need to go out this week and the clients are calling me with changes two hours before they want the final renderings. Don't they understand that being a genius takes time!?
Sorry, I am not in an agreeable mood right now. My head hurts and my nose hurts and my throat hurts and I want to go home to bed. Sniff. Sniff...Ah-choooo! Erg.
This is me sick.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
I must have a sieve for a brain...that's all it can be. (Two posts today - I know! - don't faint.) I did not mention my encounters with live tapings of TV shows and therefore celebrities. What could I have been thinking? I'm sure I don't know. Okay so where was I? These must be before Dustin Hoffman, but after Cillian Murphy so we're at
- 9a. For my birthday (I'm a Libra too!) Tarzan said we had to go one place before we could go to where the actual present was. (He was full of surprises this year - sneaky little devil.) So Wednesday night we went to what turned out to be a taping of a TV show - Show Me The Money and the host was none other than William Shatner. This excited Tarzan far more than myself BUT it was really cool to see how the taping of shows happens and what goes on when a show goes to commercial. This was a prototype show and as predicted on the IMDB page it didn't go very far. (That comment was not mine) As payment for going to that taping however, we received two tickets to be in the audience the next night for...
- 9b. Dancing With The Stars! It was on a results show night (Week 6 - the week that no one got eliminated!) so we got to see all the performers, though not see all of them dance. It was really fun. Tom Bergeron is taller than I thought and it seems the judges bickering is all made up. (I know!) Again, it was really fun to see how a show goes together, especially a live show. Very exciting! Mario Lopez and Karina Smirnoff encored that night, Nick was back to dance an exhibition routine with his wife. Elena, Maxim, Edyta and Tony also did an exhibition dance. The musical guest that night was Lionel Ritchie - which was extremely cool.
- 9c. When we were leaving the studio we passed Tony, with his wife and little daughter and Elena on the sidewalk. Interesting and also a little weird to see them out of their sparkly shirts acting normal.
This is me with holes in my head.
2007 - such potential. I almost don't want to start the year yet, so I can plan it out and do it right. Goodness knows there wasn't enough time what with Christmas and family and New Year parties and football (Fight On! USC) to participate in. However "time, tide and trolley wait for no man" (name the movie and get my undying awe) and here we are, Day 2 of the new year. People are talking about three weeks from now and next month and this summer and I feel 2007 slipping away from me already. (Of course that's not necessarily a bad thing - see my new ticker above.)
It was a good holiday, albeit short. Got to hang with Rocketgirl, Socialist Man and baby Sunshine. So sad they're back in Brazil already! (I do have to take back most of my rant against the post office as the package DID arrive - just 15 days after it was supposed to...) The Christmas program at church was awesome! Got so many compliments (which I found amusing as I didn't do anything really - it was all the talent of others) The violining was superb - one lady said it was like a little piece of heaven. Another asked when they were moving into the ward. Here are some loverly pictures of us having a good time together.
Also spent some quality time with M2, PIT and almost-baby "Squishy." (That'll be a nickname to live down poor kid.) They've gone back to England now. Boo. Got to get to work on my passport and whole lotta dough for flying this year! Spent some days out in The Desert with my family. (We aren't a picture-taking people, but now that I have a digital camera (from Tarzan) maybe I'll take more - and I can post them!)
New Year's Eve was quiet, it being a Sunday and all. Kind of funny - we were watching Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve Show, (He has made an amazing come back.) and the power goes out at 11:40pm. Gah! It came back on at 11:56 so we saw the ball drop in Times Square but panic ensued for those 16 minutes! And then yesterday the USC vs Michigan game was beautiful! The first half was a little tense, defense battling it out, but since USC is a second half team we triumphed in the end. 32-18. Lovely way to ring in the new year.
It was SOOOOOOO hard to get up this morning for work with Tarzan laying there all warm and snuggly. He doesn't have to go back to school until next Monday. So rather than do actual work here I am blogging - notice the snazzy updates! I wonder if the counter was a tad premature what with only 2 visitors a day...(Lest you think I am a slacker I do do work, it just take a few minutes to get into the groove in the mornings.) Well...this entry is long enough already, so rest assured I am ready to take on the new year and all the groovy stuff that it has in store! 2006 was not bad, busy but productive - this year can be even better!
This is me starting 2007.