Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Dumbfounded

I am floored. Completely. Never in the four seasons I have been watching Dancing With The Stars has my jaw actually dropped. I think I have a bruise on my big toe from it dropping on my foot. There are plenty of weeks I am disappointed in who was eliminated and other weeks when I felt the celebrity did not deserve to be voted off. But always I could figure WHY they had been. Last night I had nothing. The voters sent Sabrina home before Cameron?!?!?! What is that all about? I have not voted for her, it's true, and in not doing so you may think I contributed to the astonishment that was the results show last night. You may in part be correct. I am also part of the problem I complain about so much - people needing to vote on actual dance ability rather than personality. I admit it. I did not vote for Sabrina. I felt that she was a ringer put in because Disney owns ABC and wanted the publicity or something. (Shows how well I can play the politics game.) However EVERY one else in the whole world loves the Cheetah Girls AND Sabrina was the best dancer so I don't understand who else did not vote for her. And leaving Cameron behind? And Jane? Did you see how excited Tony was when they were saved? I thought the man was gonna back flip off the stage. It really is any one's game after last night. I hope Melanie wins it. I will be REALLY upset if through some bizarre series of events Julianne and Helio make it through so she can win back to back. Really upset. Really. Upset.
On the other hand, it was a great night for the professionals. Barry Manilow is a great guest to have on this show. His music is hip-ish and it matches so many dance styles. Cheryl and Louie's samba(?) was awesome - I swear the man's father was Gumby - and Anna and Jonathan's waltz was gorgeous.
*************************************************************************************************
Oh yeah...HAPPY HALLOWEEN everybody!! I kinda forget about it with the bright sunny day and it being 75 degrees outside. And my not having any kids to make/buy costumes for. Or trick or treaters coming by the Jungle so no candy to buy - at least until tomorrow when it all goes on sale for 75% off. Check it out Miss Cheapskate! What are you dressing up as? Tarzan and I made costumes when we were in college for some dance number and we liked them so much we kept them to use again and again...well pretty much every time we have to dress up. We go as hipsters. Yeah man. Check the groove out on this shirt baby. Really groovy jeans with huge bell bottoms and floral stripes down the side. Tarzan has the paisley-est shirt you have ever seen with huge butterfly lapels. We draw ginormous sideburns on his cheeks and then he puts on the bling. Gold chains and rings. Add the shades and he's so hip it's sick. Mine is similar with a paisley shirt, animal print headband and I wear a big peace symbol. We get a lot of "OMG, I TOTALLY had jeans like that when I was younger!" comments. It's pretty fun. And way comfortable.

This is me, considering that spellcheck does not mark ginormous as unusual...

3 comments:

Pauly said...

this post is worthless without pictures!
What a tease! That description with no pictures!
Happy Halloween and upcoming Anniversary. Have anything fun planned?

Jane said...

I know! I REALLY need to get a new camera...

Rocketgirl said...

Ginormous doesn't shock spellcheck anymore? I want a check, I swear that word owes its proliferation to me. And yes, if you don't send pictures, I will explode.

From Whence You Cometh