Sunday, November 02, 2008

Turn Back Time

Oh baby, oh baby, I do love when we turn the clocks back and forget this business called Daylight Savings Time. People complain about how it means it's darker so much earlier, but really, it's been getting darker earlier since June. Somehow, it makes it fall for me, changing the clocks. Even The Jungle seems to have realized that we're in a new season. It has been in the 80s and 90s, hotter than the summer, ever since the summer. But yesterday, while doing the last walk for Proposition 8 before the election, it began to rain. Really rain. Even over my house. There's what could be called a wind blowing outside, and the temperature is now where October - I know it's November, shut up - suggests it should be. I can wear long sleeves and not melt. We put the comforter back on the bed last night. I feel like we should have warm food again, not just smoothies and watermelon. It's not like in other states, but we have some trees that have some leaves that change color. Fall is in.
Plus there was the glorious feeling of waking up this morning, rolling over to look at the clock and it said 8:32. Ahhhh. It bugs me a little that it gets later and later in the year when we turn the clocks back but whatever. As long as I get that extra hour of sleep, I am a happy camper.

This is me, a happy camper.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

Man, the idea of that extra hour sounds good until your toddler's body doesn't get the memo and wakes you up at 7am. GRRrrrrrrrr...

From Whence You Cometh