Friday, November 21, 2008

Milk Does A Body Good

If I had to chose one thing I could not live without ingesting - other than water - it would have to be milk. This may seem an unusual choice but consider the versatility of milk. What can be made from milk; cheese, butter, ice cream. And it's compatibility qualities. All the classic foods need milk. Cereal. Nachos. Peanut butter sandwiches. Cookies. And chocolate; I love it, I do, but without some milk to wash the velvety richness down, I might be sick.
Plus it's got nearly everything you need to live, except iron, and I figure, in a pinch, I could lick a rusty pipe for that, so milk's got it all in the vitamin and mineral categories. Protein, amino acids, all that good stuff. And while it might have taken a strong stomach for the first person to consider drinking what what coming out of a cow's underside, in these days of pasteurization and homogenization and what have you, it's a glorious thing.
Why am I waxing poetic on milk I hear you asking? Tarzan drank the last of it this morning so there was none for my cereal. And when there's none for my cereal my day just doesn't feel right. I had to eat toast today - which would have been considerably better with milk - and it wasn't all that I wanted it to be. I've spent all the time since then craving some cold frothy milk. I had errands to run first thing this morning, went to help a girl with her family tree - long story, another post - and then finally, finally I got to go to the store and almost opened the jug while waiting in line BUT I managed to restrain myself until I was home and then, it was all that I expected it to be. Wonderful.


This is me, lovin' on some milk.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

I couldn't agree more. Except I don't like the actual taste of milk and I will drink Lactaid instead... but dairy - OH how I love dairy.

From Whence You Cometh