Tuesday, November 04, 2008

An Ode To Us

Is it vain to post an ode to yourself? I suppose, maybe a little, but really this one is for Tarzan, without whom there would be no us.
And that would suck.
I am so happy to be married to this smart, funny, crazy, wonderful man:
Eight years sounds like a long time, and I suppose it is. A number of people have commented that we are so young to have been married for so long. (So long? Jeepers. What do you get for 20 years?) But it doesn't feel like a long time. In fact, I can barely believe it's been eight years. Cliche, but it seems like only yesterday we were trying to figure out how to get everyone across town at two different times in three cars with the only four people who could drive having to be early and together. Good times. Two families about to be joined, albeit distantly, with the only common denominator being their oldest child was getting married. There have been tough times, familial and personal. There have been a lot of good times, familial and personal and collectively. And we have survived, thrived even.
It's been a good year for us. I've really noticed how we have grown as a couple. Grown closer, grown able to depend on each other more, less of us working separately but side by side and more of us working together. It's a small but subtle difference and we can feel it. I suspect it has to do with my not going to work every day, but we've had time. Time to talk; about our day, or current events, or church, or our families; time to blog, to volunteer, time to go out and see a movie, to stay in and watch a movie, to stay home and not see anything. (I don't talk about our sex life, but yay for quitting work!) It's been awesome. An overused word, but when it fits...
We're good together and I am happy. Happy to be able to work some more, to talk some more, to grow some more, with no one more perfect for me than Tarzan. Happy Anniversary honey:
A direct quote from the man himself: "Pleased as punch to have made it this far."

This is me, and Tarzan, celebrating 8 years.
(Tomorrow I will post all the election voting stuff.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both.

Rocketgirl said...

Horray horray!! I can't believe I forgot it was your anniversary - I totally remember the day every year but this one boy howdy went nuts and I forgot!! Congratulatinos to you both, I love you both so crazy much and am blessed so much by your example and strength.

And DANG girl - that picture of you is SMOKIN' HOTT!!!!!

From Whence You Cometh