Sunday, November 09, 2008

Crazy Cat Lady

I fully expect to be the old lady living alone with forty-five cats when I grow up. (And frankly, so does everyone who knows me) I'm not even looking for things to adopt and they find me. One of the guys next door and his girlfriend got a kitten, kept it inside for a week like you're supposed to and guess where she likes to eat? Our doorstep, naturally. Tarzan put his foot down and said since she has a home we are not adopting her and I said the thought had never crossed my mind and he gave me a look that said "Yeah, right woman."
But I promise, I wasn't.
We are not adopting the cat but she has been hanging out with our cats and the size differential between them is pretty significant, especially when compared to Speck who we've only had for four months (we think he's about seven or eight months old) and he's HUGE already. He's almost as big as Ice:And speaking of Ice, there is a cat who likes his home so much, he will endure any amount of abuse to stay and sleep and eat whenever he likes:
In fact, none of the cats have much compunction about where they sleep:
Belle in the laundry basket:
Mikey likes to be on top of things so no one can sneak up on her:
Lantern is also very watchful. I swear she sleeps with one eye open all the time. Just so we know she can see us:
Train Wreck likes to be warm:
Ocelot just feels very overwhelmed with the responsibility of watching over so many:
So amusing to me how each one has their own personality, likes and dislikes, methods of madness and cuteness. I totally am the Crazy Cat Lady. That's right, with a capitol C.

This is me, sharing pictures of my kitties.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh