Thursday, November 20, 2008

Reflections On The Second Year

Happy blog anniversary to me!
Two years I've been spouting random information - and not really information - and they haven't nicely asked that I shut up. What is the world coming to?
And while we're on the subject, WHAT HAPPENED TO 2008? Next week is Thanksgiving, four weeks after that is Christmas and one week after THAT is 2009. I'm not ready. I'm excited, but I'm not ready.
But back to the review.
I'm beginning to think my writing is like a fine wine - the longer it sits the better it tastes (sounds). Some of my entries from last year seem a lot funnier than I remember them being when I wrote them. Does that happen to anyone else?
On the plus side, I posted more this year. My average is up. I think there have been more pictures too. And really, the pictures are the best part of any blog. Of course one could question the validity of a lot of my ramblings. Still, it's been interesting. I like to think I have been more observant because ooh! that would make a good post! I've been more proactive in my commenting on other's blogs too. I don't know if that makes them feel better - though a few always respond to my comment and I have to wonder if I should do that - but I feel all important and stuff.
And if I wasn't vain enough, I get to keep going! Watch out Internet-land.

This is me, keeping it up.
This time last year in The Jungle: Reflections on the First Year. Does anyone else sense a pattern here?

3 comments:

Keah and Michael O'Hearon said...

HAPPY BLOG ANNIVERSARY! I so love reading your blog.....and although I don't comment all the time(I'm pretty terrible with the commenting in general) I do love reading! So I am glad that you are gonna keep it coming! Maybe someday we'll actually get to meet!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! :)

Rocketgirl said...

Congratulations!! I'm SOOO glad you decided to join the world of blogging - it's been the most amazing change in our relationship and I feel like I understand you so much more. Plus you're awesome to read :) Here's the blogging and fabulous Jane!!

From Whence You Cometh