At dinner, Tarzan asked me what my birthday means to me and I had to think...One year closer to renewing my driver's license I guess. It's not like I have goals to achieve by reaching a certain age anymore. I can vote, buy cigarettes, drink and rent a car. I've hit all the milestones.
Taking stock of the last year, in no particular order, let's see what went down:
- I was called to be Relief Society President in our congregation.
- I got an iPhone! Now I can't imagine living without it
- Saw my baby brother graduate from high school, enter college and now he doesn't call me back because he's so grown up.
- Tarzan and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary.
- And went to the Rockies for Thanksgiving because Tarzan's parents will be out of the country for this year's celebration.
- Celebrated 5 years of this here blogging thing
- Was part of the entourage to watch the Endeavour shuttle being moved to it's new home.
- Saw BHB and Seth through engagement and wedding and into bliss
- Helped Tarzan coach his Academic Decathlon team to three medals and a "most improved" certificate.
- Took a hiatus from blogging while the world went insane and then came back with a vengeance.
- Saw Wicked for the zillionth time and loved it just as much as the first.
- Built a hay shed in the Desert
- Redid the front yard
- Took some mini-vacations with Tarzan including the Best Family Reunion EVER and a train ride home.
This is me and I am amused at how many people think I'm still in my 20's. That's a nice compliment every time it comes out.