Tuesday, October 27, 2009

That Was A Real Green Dress

This week the DWTS results show had Taylor Swift and Tiempo Libre as musical guests. The latter were okay, but since I didn't understand what they were singing and they weren't taking their shirts off, it wasn't spectacular. The former's first song was also okay, but the second had the professionals dancing in really great costumes - I am surprised at how excited I was that Anna wore green instead of red or pink or orange or one of those colors they always put redheads in - and it really made the number I thought. It was 'Love Story' one of Taylor's big hits and the dance really made it more than the sum of it's parts I think. I was impressed.
As for the eliminations, it's a double one this week - which always adds a level of anxiety - but I feel like one of the couples gets a short stick because everyone is waiting for the "last one." I thought Melissa's outfit and hair looked fantastic - better than anything else she'd worn in this competition - so it was a bummer that she didn't get to dance anything.
The dance-off is back and I don't know if I like it any better with the new rules. It seems an awful waste of materials to have everyone in new costumes and develop new dances but have only two couples ACTUALLY perform them. (And only for 30 seconds? That's not enough time.) Isn't it bad enough that they are dancing for the chance to come back next week - talk about nerves - but does it have to be a new dance as well? That has to be degrading all of the dances overall. Less time = less precision.
I would think.
Michael's samba was good - probably better than anything he'd done before - and Louie's jive was great, although he did mess up in the middle.
WHAT was WITH that elimination method? The paddles were weird and the decision process was so...odd. Not like the usual dramatic pause and then "group AWWWW."

This is me and they're messing with the show again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always did love Jonathan/Anna
Where's Alec?
Cheryl's hair is longer
Paso Doble?

From Whence You Cometh