Friday, October 23, 2009

Plus Three - Part 3

And the final chapter of the birthday festivities concludes with many thanks all around and of course, presents! First, thank you to all the lovely people who commented on my Facebook page. I even got an email from Roofus.
There were birthday cards from family:
This one cracks me up but Tarzan thinks it's a little annoying:
maybe because I opened it ten times in a row when it first arrived...maybe.
And there were cards from friends:
Sunday we went to my parents for dinner which was excellent, but also way more than I had expected. Who needs seven - that's right SEVEN - kinds of ice cream to choose from?
Apparently I do, and it was really hard to pick.
Then came PRESENTS:
That's the next book by the man who wrote Wicked - totally NOT the same as the musical, so if you read it, don't expect the funny light hearted comedy that is the stage production. The two are definitely not the same - a new water filter situation for the fridge and The Music Man with Kristin Chenoweth as Marian the Librarian. Again, a word of warning - Matthew Broderick is no Robert Preston and though everyone else plays it beautifully I wonder why they would be suckered in by this guy who doesn't even believe himself - but for Kristin, it's a good showpiece.

This is me, and that was a good birthday.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You won a book on my blog. Sorry about me thinking you were someone else by the name of Jane. I'm flattered you stopped by and commented. So come back and pick a book!

Rocketgirl said...

When did they remake the Music Man?? And will you bring it at Thanksgiving to share???

From Whence You Cometh