Thursday, October 15, 2009

Plus Three: Part 1

Rather than the traditional whining about how old I sound - not feel because I don't feel the way 33 sounds but sound because 33 sounds old no matter what comparisons people make - and what I don't have, let's skip all that and move directly to what I have accomplished since last we met this way.
  • Led the group in planning and executing a surprise party for Tarzan's mother
  • Celebrated with Tarzan, our 8th wedding anniversary
  • A few weeks later, celebrated my blog second anniversary
  • Moved ATL. Twice
  • Lost two cats and quasi-adopted another
  • Served on a jury for a misdemeanor
  • Went to The Happiest Place on Earth with a whole lot of family and met my niece Rosy
  • Went to QC's wedding ON Tarzan's birthday
  • My team won the Rose Bowl. Again
  • Visited The Frozen North not for a happy reason but with great company
  • Saw Celtic Woman live in concert
  • Spent a LOT of time in a dentist's chair but the upside is I think it's fixed for real now
  • Attended the wedding of one of my best friends
  • Spent a lot of time caring for Tarzan's grandfather and then attended his funeral
  • Saw Topol live in Fiddler On the Roof
  • Bought a new dishwasher - and it's awesome still
  • Went to Circus World
  • Saw Spamalot with Tarzan
  • Planted and actually harvested some tomatoes and cucumbers off the back porch
  • Visited Rocketgirl in The Land of Cheese, played with Sunshine and met Woody only a few hours old
  • Cleaned out the shed
  • Spent a week with my family in The Real Desert and canned a lot of pickles
So it's not as dire a picture as I thought when I began the list. I'm not a completely lazy bum. And now, some picture-age of the party today.
These three ladies sang Happy Birthday the minute I walked in the door:
These are possibly the sweetest people on the planet:
They brought the cake:
Turtle ice cream cake. Sooo gooey and good. This is The Boss:
He's actually a doll too and really fun. This is the guy who works with me most regularly but he doesn't like having his picture taken:
Good thing it's my birthday and I get what I want:
Today is the actual birthday but more partying will come this weekend so stay tuned.

This is me, 33.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see that some of the best people on the planet know to throw a party for one of their own.
How lucky you are in so many, many ways.
And how lucky we all are to know you and love you.

You've had a birthday, shout hurray!
We want to sing to you today
One year older & wiser, too
HAPPY BIRTHDAY...to you!
[just add Primary singers]

luv u always,
mbear

Elizabeth said...

Hoo-ray...happy birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Cleaning out the shed ... AND kitchen AND spare room AND living room (partly). Come on!, those should've been WWAAYYY bigger on your list!

Anonymous said...

However, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

From Whence You Cometh