Monday, October 19, 2009

Once More Like You Mean It

Taking a break from, well, me, let's discuss what I thought - okay, sort of a break from me - about the celebrities on Dancing With The Stars.
First, wow. That was some hair on Samantha Harris. Little too long with the curling iron? (Though Carrie-Ann's hair is all poofy too.)
I thought Natalie and Alec's paso doble was odd - and maybe that was all the music, which was weird - almost stiff. She is precise, very, but I don't know that she feels the dance.
Aaron definitely reined it on his Argentine tango, which is good, and the girl is supposed to be the focus of the dance, so it was good that the eye was drawn to Karina, but it wasn't as "manly" as he said it was supposed to be. I wanted more authority out of him, especially in his feet. The guys particularly need to put their feet down as if they mean it.
Michael's paso doble was interesting - it kept throwing me off because Anna's hair was brunette not blond as usual - he did have the power and strength and he put his feet down like he meant it, but his posture suffered from time to time I felt. The final move was a little violent, yes?
I want to hate Mya, but I can't really because she's so good and her Argentine tango was no exception. It was hard to tell that she was not the celebrity.
Mark had a very cute paso doble - he's a cute little man. I hated Lacey's outfit and her hair, but Mark had the posture and the authority. There seemed to be a lot of Lacey but when Mark moved, he meant it. It was my favorite of his so far.
Donny and Kym's Argentine tango was good, Donny sold it as usual. I thought he was a little hesitant at the beginning and then settled into it more. The ending sequence was really good though.
Louie should always wear his hair slicked back like that - have I said this before? He just looks older and in more control. He's one who needs to out his feet down like he means it more often, but still his Argentine tango was good. The emotion was there, and they sold it.
Melissa's Argentine tango was musically spot on, the little kicks and flicks were right on the beats and it looked like it would have been really great had she not messed up the steps.
Louis seriously has to stop wearing such dark eye makeup. It looks like Kelly has belted him - twice - once in each eye. I felt really bad for Kelly when she missed the steps in her paso doble because it started really great and then fell apart in the middle and luckily she pulled it out at the end, mostly.
Did Joanna trip or did Maksim? I really like Maks so I am probably more forgiving of the routine than I would have if it had been Derek. I would be EXTREMELY nervous but also VERY excited to get to dance with Maksim.
Now the first group dance - the hustle - was mighty entertaining - especially the clothes. Well, all the group dances are entertaining since they have to dance together and try to show up each other while also being friends. But holy smokes - the 70's would cry if they could see how they are represented in this decade. What was on Alec's head exactly?

This is me, watching the dancing show.

1 comment:

RHM said...

This was sadly the first time I didn't find the group dance entertaining. There were too many drops and too much off marks.

From Whence You Cometh