Monday, October 29, 2007

Weird Dream #20

I am sure I have dreamed sometime since June, but I can't remember any of them. Especially after all the initial craziness first thing in the morning here in the office. Not sure why these emergencies always come up in the middle of the night and are screaming for attention by 8am but there we are. I guess the conditions were just right for me to dream Saturday night because I did. We were in church and instead of leading the music as usual, I was in the congregation. We were lead through the first three verses without any issues but in the fourth the guy leading seemed to realize that what we were singing was not what was on the page. (This had not bothered anyone up to this point so I felt we could just keep going.) He decided to "fix" it. The hymn had a weird time signature so he called up four people to the stand to lead each part of the verse. He was all busy arranging them and we, the congregation, seemed to be all okay with waiting. I woke up before we ever got to finish the song. I also woke up all tangled in the bed clothes as Tarzan had gone to sleep between the sheet and the comforter. I wonder how that affected my dreaming brain?
******************************************************************************************
Is anyone else upset that Sarah and Joe are splitting up on Brothers & Sisters? I reeeeally wanted to like them. And SO bummed about Justin and the drugs. Kind figured that's where they were going when he met the dude at physical therapy but I always hope. DWTS is pretty much a given that Sabrina will win. We're just biding time to see in what order everyone else goes home in. Did I tell you that Tarzan got me the Dancing With The Stars book? (Can you believe they have a book?!) It's quite interesting. I'm hoping to find out who chooses the music and creates the partnerships. SOMEone does a really awkward job of it all. *****************************************************************************************
USC lost to the Oregon ducks so that's that in terms of a decent bowl game. We've fallen to #19 so whatever. And despite my loathing the sound of these words...it is a building year for the team. And yet, Saturday was a good day. Tarzan was a darling and we had a good afternoon. *****************************************************************************************
I feel like a total idiot for not even considering there were fires burning all over the state. Nope. Not me. Living in my own little world. Never mind the devastation being wrought on others. Even some sweet old people I know. Thankfully they are okay and they got the important stuff out - birth certificates, insurance, photos, etc. But the house is all gone. How was your weekend?

This is me, as always.

1 comment:

Pauly said...

Oh boy,fire!? I'm glad you don't have to worry about that-- if it makes you feel better, I am always off in my own world!

No World series or Grey's, girl, you must have a life. Mine is usually very similar to the TV guide's...

by the way, your posts on my blog always brighten up my day-- you're a doll.

From Whence You Cometh