Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My Joy Continues To Abound

Thank you TRB, thank you so very much. I had a tiny little cold at the start of September. Itsy bitsy sniffles. Barely even classified as a cold. SHE develops one the week following that hangs on and on and on, hacking like she's about to spew her lungs on her desk, touching everything and NOT WASHING HER HANDS! Where's the consideration? And despite my religious fervor in not going near her desk and not touching anything she did and washing my hands several times an hour, I contracted her cold anyway. I can feel it coming and it's not going to be pretty. So thank you TRB, thank you SO much.
DWTS totally blew. Well the professionals were awesome. Queen Latifah was awesome too. The producers suck. Firstly the show lasted two (2!) minutes past 10:00 so the DVR wouldn't record it AND Cane AND Law & Order: SVU so we had to watch it live. Normally this would not be a problem either EXCEPT that they didn't reveal who was leaving until 10:01 and the DVR switched channels or we had to give up the recording of one of the other shows. Bleah. So we did not find out about the SHOCKING and RIDICULOUS elimination of Albert Reed! until this morning. WHAT is that all about? It's pretty much certain that ABC has a vendetta against the supermodel. I mean really. At least the man moved his hips *cough* Wayne *cough* and didn't trip over his partner!! Gah! Yes, yes, yes, I realize that this is more a popularity contest than a real dance competition but seriously? Fake it a little better would ya?
And Tarzan and I are in a fight. It's a stupid fight - when are they not? - but it sucks. Does anyone notice that after a particularly good period of marriage there follows a not-so-good period? We had such a nice weekend and then Monday it all went down the toilet. I wish I could be a little less stubborn sometimes, a little less worried about being 'right.' The one voice asks "Does it really matter Jane?" And then the little voice on my other shoulder says "Yes, it does matter sometimes." If I don't defend my opinion and my feelings, where's the line where I stop being me and just acquiesce to whatever blows by? I don't know. Maybe I really *AM* crazy and make connections that no one else makes. Maybe I really *AM* imagining what I think he said. I pride myself on understanding people and being able to see why they do what they do. (I so missed the boat on what to be when I grow up.) So why can't I just recognize why I choose these behaviors and adjust? Maybe it's because I care so freaking much that I can't be all clinical and dispassionate when he and I disagree. This growing stuff sucks.
Eh...now my head hurts.

This is me, totally staying home next week. The whole week. Seriously.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

It drives me so bonkers when Jared is so rational about an argument. Clinical. He's so rational and gah, it feels like the end of the world for me. I'm feeling for you:)

From Whence You Cometh