Wednesday, October 10, 2007

This Season

No doubt you're tired of me whining about Dancing With The Stars. I kinda feel like that's all I blog about. So. Suffice it to say that Wayne should have gone home weeks ago, Albert should still be with us, and likely Helio will win so Julianne can claim back-to-back championships like Cheryl and let's talk about the other shows we're watching this fall.

  • Pushing Daisies is not a show we had planned on watching but when the trailer showed Kristin Chenoweth was in it, we HAD to see the pilot episode and wouldn't you know she's a regular cast member! (Love that her character name is Olive Snook) Plus it's a way cute show in a fairy tale kind of way with the sets and the narrator aspect, and the girl - Anna Friel - looks a lot like Karen Carpenter. Lee Pace is adorable, very dry delivery and Chi McBride is surprisingly funny. All excellent reasons to check it out.
  • Big Shots was vetoed for it's adult and highly revealing content. Too bad because it had a good plot and some great dialogue. And Michael Vartan is amazingly hot.
  • Journeyman is really intriguing. Very sympathetic character. Not sure where its going to go but I think we'll watch to see. Interesting that the other female lead's real name is Moon Bloodgood. Who were her parents?
  • Heroes is aMAZing of course. We are hoping it doesn't get too confusing with all the characters - it's like a TV War and Peace - but it's really exciting. Loving the Irish angle right now. It's been an Irish kind of year with The Black Donellys, it got cancelled, then The Pirate Queen and Grania, the book, then The Wind That Shakes The Barley (was a very good movie - LOVE Cillian Murphy) and now this show too. Pretty cool. Gotta represent yo'.
  • Cane is not a period piece as we had hoped so don't know if we will stay with it. Jimmy Smitts is an excellent choice for the part. He's the "good" guy but when the good guy starts killing people I don't know how long he can remain the good guy. Maybe we will keep watching it. LOVE that Rita Moreno is in it.
  • Law & Order: SVU is way cool still. Loved the season opener.

Guess that's all. Haven't even seen ER yet, which is way sad...

This is me, lovin' the Irish.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My TV this year has us going nuts on Mondays.

Monday we tape Heroes and Chuck. Chuck is funny. Heroes is interesting, but my brother is right, the cheerleader has got to become less annoying. We also still tape 2 1/2 Men and How I Met Your Mother (CBS). And we watch DWTS when possible. We're still patiently waiting for Samantha Who?

Tuesday we plunk down for NCIS and then again for DWTS results show. Cavemen did not go over well with us.

Wednesday is nuts. We had intended from the start to watch Pushing Daisies. We liked it. It's voiced over by the guy who reads the Harry Potter books. Then there's Dirty, Sexy, Money. That too is a riot. We started with Cane, and then didn't like it much at all. It's promising, but it is missing something or its taking itself too seriously or DSM is doing it for us so we don't need another family drama. We also tape Back to You and 'Til Death. 'Til Death isn't so much funny, but it has moments that are worth a giggle. We have a lot of stress: comedy is good.

Thursday is much easier just really ER. I'm sure there's something I'm missing on Thursday, but oh well.

Fridays are no TV nights. Saturday we play catch up and watch tidbits of the Trojan games...I know you can kill me, but if I don't have any other Trojans in the room, it's so much harder to enjoy the good and the bad.

Sunday we're still die hard Simpson fans.

I got rid of my taping of The View, I know shocking. I just think they've moved away from commentary and I don't like it at all. Plus there doesn't seem to be moderating. I like Barbara Walters, I like Joy Beher and that's it.

I've gotten us to something reasonable like only 15 hours of TV in 8 hours now. Off to watch more TV.

Anonymous said...

How could I forget Thursday's with Ugly Betty??? Whoops!

Rocketgirl said...

It seems like I had more to watch last year... I don't know if I can make ituntil February for Lost to come back!! We caught Pushing Daisies last night and although I wanted to give our dear Kristen a sandwich (or at least some pie - her cheekbones could cut cheese!) is looked super adorable. I don't know if I can convince Jared to watch it with me.... but we have 3 TVs dagnabit. Time to use 'em!

From Whence You Cometh