Monday, October 15, 2007

Plus One

Had I thought about it completely I would have started this blog before my last birthday so my first birthday post could be for my 30th. And then I considered that, really, 30 is a milestone. So it worked out - this is the end of my first year-beyond-30. It's been a good year, a busy year. In a Rocketgirl-esque moment I will summarize it for you. At least as far as my brain remembers.

  • I became head of the Primary (little squirts) at church.
  • I went on a cruise with Tarzan to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary.
  • I planned and executed the church Christmas party and Christmas Eve program, delegating and requesting as necessary.
  • I handled a wedding and the Christmas party on the same day.
  • Tarzan and I visited his family in The Rockies and introduced more people to the joy that is Wicked.
  • I went to Middleton for Cogent's graduation from St. John's College.
  • I visited a Military Camp for the first time.
  • I have done a massive number of schematic and design development drawings for projects in the office
  • I have learned how to better deal with annoying people.
  • I made the goal, and we seem to be accomplishing it, to leave the work force at the end of this calendar year.
  • I adopted a sixth cat.
  • I got a digital camera and broke it. (Haven't replaced it yet, which is why there are so few pictures lately.)
  • I started this blog! Thank you faithful readers!

I think those are the highlights. As for the party, the celebrations started Saturday with USC winning the football game. Not by much, true, but then LSU lost! (They had been #1 in the AP poll). That was a present in and of itself. Then Cal lost (they were #1 for about two hours) - ungrateful punks, after all my self sacrifice to support them despite they being a huge rival. The BCS rankings came out on Sunday and despite all the losing we are only ranked #14. Stupid system. But happy stuff on Saturday: There was an impromptu dinner with some friends at The Stinking Rose. Good food, good times were had by all. The office took me to lunch today - and there will be cake. Tarzan has promised presents when I go home too. Sweet!

This is me, 31.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

Happy happy!! Sorry I coun't comment yesterday, I was busy being wined and dined and shopping my pants off. You had one massive year, but I must say my favorite part was you starting your blog:) Here's to another year!!

From Whence You Cometh