Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Thumb Hurts

So, one would think that staying at the office until 9:00 at night would give me MORE time to blog, not less, but it does not seem to be working out that way. In response to dear Rocketgirl and others who have inquired - I am not withholding entries just to have stuff to say in November. Although. That's not an entirely bad idea...:-) Kidding kidding. The office is killing me slowly right now. Too few people doing too much work in too little time. The story of this profession. It sucks the big one. But lest I violate my vow, I will refrain from mentioning anything further. No excuses!
I strained my thumb a week and a half ago. My left thumb. Naturally, seeing as I am left handed. I did not realize until now exactly HOW MUCH world domination actually depends on opposable thumbs but it does. It REALLY does. Pulling the lever that will launch the missile to destroy the planet unless they deliver $1,000,000,000? Needs a thumb. Seriously. Tarzan has to open all my jars, bottles, caps, tops, wrappers, DOORS, which he is kind of liking. Me - Tarzan. You - Jane. Kind of stuff. It's tough on him driving to the office every time I need my water bottle opened though. It's also partially annoying because it only hurts when I exert pressure on it (I know, don't exert pressure, genius) so it's way easy to forget. Like when I'm driving. Or picking things up. Or typing. Answering the phone. Putting on my shoes. My thumb is very busy when using AutoCAD, banging away on the space bar. Writing! OMG. SO cannot use a pen or pencil. Which totally gets in the way of all those autographs I sign on a daily basis...Brushing my hair or my teeth hurts it. This may be a little TMI but I can't get my bra off or on easily right now. My wrist is starting to hurt now too and I suspect it's because I can't NOT use my left hand but I AM trying not to use the thumb. Some days it feels a little better. It was highly amusing Wednesday when I told Tarzan about my thumb. He proceeded to kiss it all better. And the next day, it actually kind of was! Wonder if I could patent that and make a million?

DWTS Update: Poor Marie. Take a deep breath once in a while honey. And Sam? Jeepers. Show a little compassion. Sabrina is going to run away with the trophy. Pretty sure this season was biased that direction. And finally, was it just me or did Jonathan look a little chunky last night? Just asking...

This is me, checking in.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

WHen I had tendonitis in grad school, I had to get roomates to help me with the bra problem and makeup. Dad even bought me a mechanical toothbrush because I had resorted to holding the toothbrush against the counter and moving my HEAD back and forth. How did Tarzan end up so ... Tarzan-like?? You are one lucky lady though:)

From Whence You Cometh