Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ode To A Rocketgirl

There are goods and bads associated with this Ode tradition I have started. It's good actually knowing the person, much more personal stuff to say. Of course, if that person then reads the blog, I have to be more circumspect about what I put down...Whatevs. No worries today, this chick is fantabulous!
Happy Birthday Rocketgirl!
My, my, what to say about Rocketgirl...She talks about how freakishly happy her baby is - and it's true - but Sunshine certainly gets her attitude from her mom. Rocketgirl is such a high energy girl. Very passionate. Highs are to the moon and lows are the depths of despair. (Kind of Anne of Green Gables-ish in that regard) She's always up for anything, unusual and crazy though it may be. She's also an interesting mix of caring what others think of her and not giving a hooping funt (thank you Tarzan for that epithet) about what she may look like whipping out her violin to play in the middle of a foreign country's train station. Rocketgirl does not have a steady level of self esteem but she IS awesome. She's a highly spiritual person, devoted, loyal and very quick to sympathize with others. She is intelligent - she has a Masters degree in music pedagogy - she's pretty and she's talented, a triple threat. She attracts a wide variety of people and we all count ourselves lucky to be considered her friend. She gives herself whole heartedly and holds nothing back. Rocketgirl is 100% pure.
This is me, wishing my first sister-in-law a very Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Pauly said...

I'll join you! Happy Birthday Reva!

I'm glad you ventured off to my blog and it's nice to meet you too! I'll probably become a regular over here, I am addicted to blogging.

Rocketgirl said...

oh SNAP!! I missed reading this yesterday because I had a latelate gig and I've been busy mommying-teaching today so this is the first I'm seeing this - well, as much as I can through the tears!! Thanks so much for all your wonderfulness!! Oh and by the way Tarzan TOTALLY stole "whooping funt" from me, and I totally stole it from Blossom. Do you remember that TV show?? It loved seeing someone who was all famous with a nose even bigger than mine:) Regardless, I sure do loves me some Jane and thank you for giving me happy tears!!!

From Whence You Cometh