Monday, April 30, 2007

Taking A Stand

One of my pet peeves is a blog that starts out apologizing for not blogging in a while. I get it - be-LIEVE ME I get it - we're all busy. Awfully, terribly, freakily busy. Those bloggers are not special and therefore excused from writing for their Friends In the Computer. And yet here I am about to do the same thing... Well I refuse. Witnessed by all who read this: **I, Jane of the Inner-City Jungle, do solemnly swear and avow to never apologize for not blogging because I was "too busy." I promise to do my best under all circumstances to blog a couple times a week and keep you informed as to the minute details of my existence (provided anyone other than Tarzan and my dear SILs read this thing), but in the unforeseen instances when I don't blog, I further vow to not whine about how busy I am and why I didn't post.** A girl's got to take a stand once in a while.
*******************************************************************************************
I've considered taking a vow against complaining about the office too, but what would I have to type about then? Really. MC is back, and if such a thing is possible, he's not as annoying as I remember. Don't know if that's because it's only been one day, because I had four deadlines to deal with, or because there is someone new-ish in the office who is swiftly becoming more annoying than he ever was. (I know. Sit down if you have to. I did when I realized it earlier today.) I almost feel gypped though; last week went by so quickly that I didn't have time to notice that MC wasn't here. The flip-side of that is it's only 9 days before we leave for The Rockies! And I still can't find my swimsuit. Grrr. I am so miffed at this. Did I really do something so stupid as let it fall out of the suitcase while we were packing to come home and not even notice when I unpacked? I really really hope it wasn't that. Let it be aliens, or my cats having some kinky party last Sunday when we were at church, rather than let me be stupid like that...Les sighs.
I haven't had any weird dreams lately...none that I remember anyway. That's a sure sign I need a vacation. I can only imagine how much Tarzan needs one. He has been out of his mind busy. (hey now, I didn't take a vow to not talk about how busy the spouse is) I didn't even see him on Saturday. He left for a baseball clinic at 7:30 and the dear let me sleep in - 10:00, OMG did that feel good, I didn't move the whole night long - then he was at a chess tournament with the chess club (third place!! not too shabby boys - go WPHS!!) and then he was dealing blackjack for the Rotary Club until midnight. The two hours that he was home, I was at a city little south for his cousin's high school senior recital. (She plays violin) It was groovy - but I missed him. Sunday was redonkulous - after church he was home for 1/2 an hour then off to a meeting, then home for another 45 minutes and then off to another meeting. Dinner was at 9:30 last night because that's when he got home. It's sort of a good thing we don't have kids yet...when would we feed them?

This is me - standing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes. Thank you again, Liz, for again introducing some class to the internet. Of course you shouldn't apologize for not blogging for a few days. After all, this is your journal, right? (Not your report to The Internet.) hehehe

luv your stYle! :)

From Whence You Cometh