Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Comments

In my continued effort to not whine and complain about people in the office - who knew there would come a day when MC was not the most annoying person I've ever known?! - let's talk about something else instead.
Over the weekend we were able to see both Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory AND Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Highly unusual for me to like a remake over the original but the musical version was a little bit weird - even for Roald Dahl. Consider - Charlie is supposed to be the good kid, yet he drinks the gassy soda that Willy explicitly warns them against. He should be blown out the top like the other four kids. And Grandpa Joe is a scary old man. Johnny Depp's version is much closer to the book. The bit about Willy and his dad is kinda superfluous, makes him seem more childish and less authoritative. But still.
-->Favorite Quote "...even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies."
************************************************************************************
Oh! And Dancing With The Stars premiered last night and it was good. Tiny bit frustrating as it seems the judges have already decided who will be progressing further in the competition. What's that all about? They LOVED Sabrina Bryan and, as predicted, I did not. It seems the judges have a thing against the super models. Josie Maran did an adequate job but the judges were all over her. Did not think she was hopeless. All the other women were surprisingly good. Even Melanie Brown who I was definitely predisposed to find blech-y. Maybe it's the accent. A British accent always makes a person sound classier. Jane Seymour was phenomenal! I'm glad the judges liked her - I hope she goes far. Of course next week is the Mambo and that always trips up a bunch who were great with the smooth dances. Only the girls danced last night so the boys will have to wait until tomorrow for my final verdict. I'm almost certain Mark Cuban is going to be annoying though...we'll see. Floyd Mayweather's a little iffy too - too much attitude, not enough substance. But...we'll see.

This is me, seeing.

5 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Dude, I remember being TERRIFIED of the old Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, especially the gassy soda scene. I thought that Willy was going to bust a cap in them for sure!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

From Whence You Cometh