Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Whew

And just like that it's September.

Fight On! The USC Trojans defeated the Idaho Vandals 38-10 on Saturday in the season opener. Did not beat the spread (we were favored by 46 points) but some new guys got to play and we did not trail at any point. The commentators were criticizing our lack of urgency - the commentators are ALWAYS bagging on USC, unless it's the Trojan Radio network guys, they're totally supportive - but helllllooooo, we were playing Idaho. The Idaho Vandals. What's there to get all hot and bothered about? Now the Michigan loss to Appalachian State!? THAT is something to get worked up over. Niiiiice.
Took my family down south on Saturday to see the Angels play. They lost! Lost to the Texas Rangers. So sad. Then we went to dinner at a real fun Italian place and they had the game on so that awesome.
Sunday was usual and then yesterday we tackled the cleaning of the master bedroom. That was a job. We save everything and we pile it everywhere. Tarzan was amazing moving stuff and trowing a LOT out. I ran the chair over my big toe when vacuuming and ripped the nail off half way down. So that looks pretty right now. Our room is all nice and clean though. Organized and everything. I expect it to last about a day.
And then there's the weather. Saturday was HOT. Sunday was HOT! and Monday was REALLY HOT. I don't know how my parents stand it in The Desert. It's like 250 degrees out there. At 10:00 at night. It's much better here in The Jungle, only 150 degrees. And I have a cold. Yeah. Where's the logic? I don't know. My head hurts and my eyes are watering. I sneeze all the time and it's frying eggs on the sidewalk weather. This better mean I don't get sick in two months when the rest of the world does.
How was your Labor Day weekend?

This is me at an inopportune moment.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh