Thursday, September 20, 2007

Details, Details, Details

This week's discussion will enlighten you in one of the major tenets of my personality:
Onesome: "Details--are everything!", or so it is said. Are you a details person? ...or a big picture person?
  • I am a big picture person. Except for the details...Seriously, I am a big advocate for moderation in all things. So it's mostly big picture stuff - the dishes got done, who cares if there was some plastic on the the bottom rack? But sometimes the details make the difference - when folding the corner of the baby book, you don't want the stuffing to show. It's a matter of moderation. Not too lackadaisical, not too anal retentive.

Twosome: Details-- (in the military definition) can be a royal pain: what routine detail at your job/school/home would you cheerfully off-load to someone else?

  • What constitutes a "detail?" At home, I'd love to palm off the dishes, cleaning the litter box, and tying up the newspapers for recycling (and frequently do). At the office, I'd love for the boss and vice-boss to be able to fill out their own time cards.

Threesome: Details-- and devils: what are you willing to work on nearly endlessly until you "get it right"?

  • Hmmm, like a cross-stitch kind of thing? Most things I do don't have to be done to that level of detail to require such attention. The baby books need to be done "just right."

This is me, more of a big picture person than I realized.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh