Friday, September 07, 2007

Drooling

Does it not just figure that the one time I don't check the news clips and websites for all my favorite people that something happens? Seriously. EVERY day I check in to Stephanie J. Block's website to see if there's any news. It hadn't been updated since June 10th, so I got lax (I know, I know, never again) and then today (well, Saturday) there's THIS bombshell! She's coming back! How awesome is that?! Knowing what I have read about how Stephanie studied with Stephen Schwartz, developing and basically creating the role of Elphaba for the Broadway debut and then to be passed over for the leading role...that had to be a heart breaker. I'm so glad for Stephanie. Now I REALLY wish I lived in The Big Apple. (It's interesting how I can be so excited and supportive of someone I have never met.) Further, while Annaleigh Ashford was an understudy for Glinda while on tour I never had the opportunity to see her. I hope she will be a Glinda who can stand up to Stephanie's Elphaba.
Sheesh, everything happened in the last week. Note to self: never disregard the last week of summer.
Scott Alan (who, I must admit, I had never heard of before I started haunting SJB sites) is releasing a CD in October. A CD of his music, that Stephanie, among others, will be singing. Awesome!
She just freaking rocks!


This is me. I wanna go to Birdland too...

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh