Monday, September 24, 2007

In Lieu Of Monday Complaints

Apparently you weren't paying attention when I told you to watch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip because it's been cancelled and will not be returning for the fall lineup. I blame you Minnesota. Thankfully, the station learned their lesson from Reunion (yes, I AM still bitter) and wound up all the story lines - unbelievably to be sure - but complete before they took it off the air. Not to worry however, there are PLENTY of other shows to take the place. We will not be scanning the 1,000 channels available desperately searching for something to watch. Let me lay it out for you:
  • Monday brings back Heroes which is all sci-fi-y but not too geeky for those of us who didn't live in comic books when we were younger. And I still love the Milo Ventimiglia. Also on Monday is Dancing With The Stars. Pretty much says it all. In addition I have to check out the Monday Night Football game just to have something to discuss with the boys next day in the office. We'll also be previewing The Journeyman tonight to see if it's worth keeping up with - maybe the 2007 version of Quantum Leap?
  • Tuesday is the Dancing With The Stars Results Show and we have managed to reduce our Law & Order consumption to just Special Victims Unit. We will also be viewing Cane this fall. (It's our diversity attempt - the only CBS show on the list.)
  • Wednesday has a new show - Back To You - with Patrica Heaton and Kelsey Grammer. The jury is still out on this one but it could be cute.
  • Thursdays bring the indefatigable ER and a new show about men - Big Shots.
  • Friday will be used to catch up on all the recorded shows until January when the new season of Battlestar Galactica premieres. (What are THEY thinking making me wait so long?)
  • Saturday is Trojan Football of course. Fight On! TOTALLY dominated the Washington State "Cougs" (I hate, hate, HATE that moniker - who is responsible for that? If I were a Cougar I would be offended) on Saturday 47-14. It was excellent. Even had a rainbow over the Coliseum.
  • Sunday has Iron Chef which never really stopped, but doesn't have a continuous storyline anyway, so missing one episode isn't too devastating. Brothers and Sisters has been renewed but we have to find the DVD of last season to see the five episodes we managed to delete from the DVR before we can watch the new season. Oopsies.

And lest you think we will strain our eyeball muscles going from zero to sixty shows a week let me reassure you; we tried to stay in shape over the summer by watching Greek and Burn Notice and the final episodes of Knights of Prosperity. (I understand WHY it was cancelled, but I'm still sad. It was cute.)

This is me sharing my guilty TV fascination with y'all.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

My must-sees.. My Name is Earl, the Office, and biting my nails until Lost comes back in February. Jerks, I want it NOW!!!!

From Whence You Cometh