Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Irksome (Weird#7)

Not entirely sure how we got there, but Tarzan was playing the organ and I was leading the music in church. We sang the first verse but it wasn't the right song so we had to switch to another hymn. We sang the second verse but then we ran out of music so we sang a cappella and then people were sitting on folding chairs instead of pews and then we were in the gym instead of the chapel and then some of the kids were coming up to the stand and then we were singing the SEVENTH verse of some song and finally we got it right and were all back in our correct places except I didn't have a music stand for my hymnbook...

My subconscious is a mighty weird place!
*********************************************************************************************
Short day for me today because I "get" to leave early for my root canal...oh goody. At least I won't have to come back to the office when it's all over. I'm kind of mad at the office right now. This guy (let's call him MC) was making fun of me all day yesterday. Not like "hey, four-eyes!" thankfully, but he made snide remarks when the HVAC guys redirected the vents so as not to blow down on my hands (because yes we have the A/C on in middle of winter - don't get me started on that!) And then someone wanted a "simplistic, repetitive task" done and he said that it sounded like a job I would be good at. And not in a nice way. He only works two days a week, why do his needs for new equipment and table space take precedence over mine, when I work all five days? I don't know! And now I will stop whining now before I make you all throw up. Tarzan thinks I should fight fire with fire, but I don't know if I should stoop to his level and insult him or just gaze longingly at my count down marker and wish for the days to go faster...

This is me irritated.

2 comments:

matheson clan said...

Good luck with the dentist! And I agree with Tarzan- fire definitely deserves fire thrown back!

Rocketgirl said...

You should stop showering. Work up a good stench, and then he'll stay away!! And probably insects too, that would be nice!

From Whence You Cometh