Thursday, March 29, 2007

Completely Obssessed

This is completely off the originally intended topic, but OMG! the people one sees in the grocery store. I have said it before and I will reiterate it for those who didn't listen last time. Low-slung jeans with a cropped top do not a good combo make. Even if you are a size 0 - how many of us are? (well maybe Reva is...check out her at Christmas, this is after just having a kid) - but even if you are, jeans that sit on the hips and shirts that end at the belly button make you look like you are sporting a few extra pounds at the midsection. And then if your tum-tum hasn't seen the light of day for about 4 years and is all pasty white with blue lines - I don't want to see it bulging out over too low jeans especially while I am shopping for food!! After spending precious moments getting that image out of my brain I walk to the check-out line and some chick is bent over her baby showing me half her bare back and half her butt which is enclosed in a nasty black thong! People! What you wear at home is your own business but in the grocery store? Ew, ew, ew, ew, EW!!
********************************************************************************
Perhaps it's just me, but when I find something I like I need to know ALL about it. Take 'Wicked' - having heard one song on a mixed CD, I looked it up on the Internet (wish I'd bought Google stock a few years ago) and liking all the clips from the songs, I ordered the soundtrack. Loving the soundtrack meant I needed to see the show. After seeing the show once I wanted to see it again. After seeing the show the second time I needed to find out about the performers (the second cast was not exactly the same set as the first) so I Googled the ones I had seen perform and the original Broadway cast to see what kind of people they are. AND I bought tickets for a third show. By the time the third show rolled around (it was almost a year later) the cast had changed completely because of contract renewals so there were more performers to Google and I needed to find out where the previous players had gone. (Some back to Broadway or other sit-down productions, some to other shows: Stephanie how could you? I bought tickets 6 months in advance, stayed on hold for 4 hours just to see you again and you didn't renew...) To date I have seen the show five times, and have tickets for two more performances this year. If that were my only obsession you wouldn't think I was SO very strange but from 'Wicked-mania' other devotions have sprouted. I try and stay current with actresses Stephanie J. Block, Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel. I have seen and want to see other things with them because I saw them in 'Wicked'. (Will The Pirate Queen come to The Jungle? Please say yes, please! I don't know where it would play as the Pantages is taken up with Wicked for the foreseeable future...Dorothy Chandler Pavilion perhaps? We'll build a new theater if necessary!)
The same mentality holds for TV shows - maybe to a slightly lesser degree - if you remember earlier this year I noted all the TV I watch. I have started watching a number of shows because an actor from another series was in it. When I find an actor I like: hellloooo IMDB and then I have to find everything that they have done. (Can anyone say Jason Carter?) And yet, with a seemingly unrelated list of shows there are a lot of actors that play on the same shows. Olivia Wilde (who was Alex on The O.C.) now stars on The Black Donallys. What is my point in telling you all of this?..I don't remember...Something about watching TV and me being obsessed with Dancing With The Stars and the injustice of the world that allowed Paulina to be the first one eliminated. Grr. Also that the new format certainly has changed the outcome. First, the recap episode was a brilliant idea, because with a second look I revised my opinion of some of the dancers. Also two dances per gives me a better idea of their all around talents. Last season, with only one dance per couple, it would have been Leeza or Billy Ray for certain going home (not that either one will win), but Billy Ray has improved a lot, Shandi's got worse and Paulina's mambo was not as graceful and elegant as her foxtrot was. She and Alec were cute though, and why couldn't it have been Shandi that got booted? She sure looked nervous.

This is me obsessed.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh