Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Late-breaking

Wow. People. The odds are 540,000,000 to 1. There is a teeny, tiny, infinitesimal chance that you maybe, might have won a few bucks in the Mega Lottery. Don't call the office to ask if "we" (by we I mean them) hit the jackpot. Don't be dumb. Just come to work. (I don't play the lottery at all, let alone part of the office pool, which is a constant source of amusement to those that do.)
*************************************************************************************************
OMG. Though he has never met her, the guy that labelled our office manager a "rabid barracuda" is SO totally on the mark. Harpy is another one. I suppose some of it comes from working for her father. (I love my dad dearly, but there is NO way in heck I would work for him.) And then there is the insecurity that defines her life which requires she repeat herself 10 times to all parties in the vicinity. Just let it go chick. (Is it hypocritical to say she's judgemental?) Makes for a stressful working environment though. Jeepers.
*************************************************************************************************
Oh dear. I just found out that one of superintendents for a project out in Santa Paula had a heart attack and died two months ago. (Isn't that the sort of thing one would tell the architect?) It's really sad. First because he wasn't that old. But also because he was a nice guy. (This is rarer than you realize in the constuction world.) He was really funny and friendly too. He called me "honey," "sweetie," "darling," "Lizzy-wizzy," "Lulu-belle," "Little bird," and a myriad of others, but not in a condescending way. And he really tried to not curse and swear when he talked to me. (That's a lot more than can be said for any of our clients OR the guys in the office, especially MC.) Rest in peace Carl. I will miss you.

This is me with the office news.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh