Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Recap

I tried to get to work early yesterday to work on the plans that needed to be finished, copied (15 sets), date stamped and folded and delivered by noon. Not to be. The life insurance people came at 7am to take blood and stuff for Tarzan and my policies. We were told about 15 minutes each. Apparently we heard wrong as it took about 40 minutes each! I was SO late to work. The funny bit was that I pulled into the parking garage right behind my boss but I parked (third floor, he likes the second) and made it into the office before him AND without him seeing me do so. We submitted, not by noon, but it turned out okay. JOC can charm the Planning Department when he wants to. The afternoon was spent downtown at one of the multi-family apartment buildings we are building creating the punch list. (The list of things that still need to be done to an apartment before tenants can move in...touch up paint, install shelves in closet, that sort of thing.) It's actually kind of fun, and it was good to be out of the office for a bit. (I told MC that if he had to say something could he NOT take the name of the Lord in vain and choose something else. He said he'd try, and that lasted about an hour)

And then it was home to watch Dancing With The Stars!! Two hours long and it was good. As has been said by others before now, there wasn't a clear front runner, which (IMHO) is a better way to begin.
  1. Laila Ali was beautiful. She's a girl I could get behind to win. (and there haven't many (well any) of them in previous seasons) Why did Maxim cut his hair?
  2. Billy Ray needs to take the competition seriously, or he needs to get eliminated next week.
  3. Clyde was cute to watch, (it was probably nervousness as the judges said) like he was just jiving in the backyard with friends. SOOO smooth, it's no wonder he got the nickname "Clyde the Glide."
  4. Joey was good - enthusiastic and not too nervous which is common on the first night.
  5. Shandi did well, certainly smiled a whole freakin' lot. Her partner give me the creeps though.
  6. Leeza was a disappointment. I expected much more grace and a lot more confidence from her.
  7. Heather was okay. What with all the hype I'm sure people have hashed her dance to death, but it wasn't bad. The question will be if she can progress or if the prosthesis will hold her back - she commented that she doesn't always know how it will behave in a given situation.
  8. Apolo didn't do poorly. (He may have to choose at some point between speed skating and dancing since the show is live and I doubt they will reschedule a race just for him.) I have reservations about his partner though...can an 18 year old really teach anyone anything, no matter how talented they are themselves? (and she is talented)
  9. Paulina has great potential, she's relaxed and able to learn, it'll just take time. I don't know how Alec will be as a teacher.
  10. John (aka 'Cliff') was a lot better than either Jerry Springer or George initially. He's more shy than either of them though which may be to his detriment. Edyta is sweet, and not judgemental so that's to the good.
  11. Ian was classic. He's got potential and a great partner (The judges also noted how Cheryl lucks out with partners, so it's not just me!) and he's young and willing.
It's shaping up to be a good competition. I'm betting on Laila or Paulina to win right now.

This is me watching.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh