Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Are They Kidding?

Let me be the first to say that *I KNOW* reality TV is not all that real, and those that judge these things are not fair and unbiased - HOWEVER - did anyone else notice how Leeza got scored for it being her 50th birthday and not for her slow and stiff Mambo? I mean, really judges? Compare Leeza and Laila and the former SOOOOOOOO did not deserve the marks she got. Heck, compare Leeza and Heather and the former did not deserve the marks she got. Bruno, OMG! it was not fast and it was not hot and she did not move her feet! All necessary elements for the Mambo. Tsk tsk, I expected so much more from her. Clyde is adorable - I want him to be my grandfather. It's a pity his partner is so short. He should really be dancing with Kym. Heather was impressive. I wondered how they would deal with the typically barely there outfits that inundate Latin dance but she pulled it off. I think I mistook her English reservation for nervousness last week. She could hang in there for a bit. John may be the dark horse and Sam said. He's good. Better shape than Jerry and George (did you know George was hot when he was young?) and not hampered by injury. Billy Ray gets points for most improved - a LOT improved - so he might last another week. If my votes mean anything, either him or Shandi is going home tonight. Shandi is really pretty but she doesn't seem to be mentally there when she dances and her partner is REALLY creeping me out now. (How can he smile so much and not poke his chin through the skin? And his eyebrows are really plucked weird.) I predict Ian (Does he really look like an I-an? He's Ee-an) and Joey will likely be second and third with Apolo and Paulina close behind. And if there is any justice in the world, Laila is going to win it all. The chick has everything and she's not conceited or ditsy.
*********************************************************************************************
In other news...I need a vacation. How many weeks until May? It is such a long time from New Year's to Memorial Day. I miss Spring Break. I never realized what my parents meant about working when I was a kid. I thought working would be great - making money and all that. Young and stupid as I was, I didn't appreciate vacations and the freedom of school. Bleaaagh. There's so much that needs to be done around the house too. With all this light we have after work now I can see that the trim needs to be repainted, the yard needs to be cleaned up and the bushes shaped and new chips put down. I totally need to clean out my closet and throw out old clothes. I need new running shoes. I really ought to wash the windows and get the carpets cleaned. Can the world just pause while I get my life together and when I'm caught up we can go again?

This is me today.

No comments:

From Whence You Cometh