Saturday, August 29, 2009

Maybe The Sun Won't Come Out Tomorrow

I love The Jungle, I do. I really do. I can't imagine living anywhere else because I would miss something on a very nearly daily basis. But this time of year, I start to wonder what it would be like to live in a place where it's not so freaking hot. I know, it's summer, it's supposed to be hot. But there does not seem to be a gradual warming like in other parts of the world. Here in The Jungle, it's moderate all year long - when I was in The Land of Cheese it was averaging 75 degrees here - and then bam! Have 90+ degrees the very next day. It doesn't last long - about four weeks or so - and as soon as it starts snowing somewhere else I love The Jungle unconditionally again, but man, it is sticky and warm right now.

This is me, in danger of melting all over my chair right now.

3 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Yeah, but all of the sudden I'm freezing at night and I have to wake up with an angry baby = baaaaad combination. I'm REALLY missing the jungle right now.

http://travelinoma.blogspot.com/2009/08/school-days-logo.html

I saw this and thought you might be interested... I have to say I'm a tad interested myself...

Elizabeth said...

Is your internet out again, or did you get evacuated? Hope all is well with you!!!

RHM said...

*looks to see if you melted*

From Whence You Cometh