Monday, August 17, 2009

The Baby Is In

In the past I have mocked people who drool over a newborn and post seven thousand pictures of her/him doing nothing but laying there sleeping or crying but...I am now one of them. So if you need to mock me then I totally understand. In fact I sort of want to mock myself a little bit. But he really IS so cute and tiny - like the grande burrito at Chipotle - and he does smell good and I really do want to take photos over and over hoping that one of them will convey the feeling of actually holding Woody and smelling that fresh from heaven scent. (Have I made you gag yet?) If you couldn't have guessed, Woody is my new nephew. He made his entrance into the world at 5:16 this morning, 6lbs 14ozs, 20" long and soo adorable. (I really will try to not say that too often.) Rocketgirl was totally fine playing violin last night and then around 10pm, bam! Have some contractions. Which she did. A lot of them apparently. But she was magnificent - from all accounts as I wasn't there - and looked totally hot doing it:
But I find it hard to hate her since she produced this:Mother and baby:
Father and son:
Proud parents:
Sunshine meets her brother for the first time, asking "Is he real?":
Happy family:
Aunt Jane meets Woody at only a few hours old:

This is me, as close to a newborn as I have ever been. And it's awesome.

6 comments:

klutzy k said...

THANK YOU so much for posting! i've been checking anyone and everyone's blogs to find out if he'd arrived. he's so cute!!! i should probably go tell rocketgirl's blog i think so. ;) thanks again and congrats!

kimbo

Elizabeth said...

Thanks SOOOO much for posting the pics!!! SOOOO happy he finally made it!

RHM said...

So Rocketgirl: congratulations--he's adorable.

Jane: you'll be around other newborns. I have a good feeling about this.

Keah and Michael O'Hearon said...

AAHH! He rally is super cute! Congrats on being a new aunt!

ATL said...

I love how they bundle them up so they can't move, just a head showing, no limbs.

Rocketgirl said...

Thank you for posting this - I'm going to be lazy and just link to it from the family blog ;)

From Whence You Cometh