Monday, August 24, 2009

Circus World

Apparently The Land of Cheese is also home to the winter quarters of the circus. (This amuses me greatly because who would choose a winter habitation where it snows? I thought the whole point was to get away from the freezing white stuff.) Rocketgirl's husband - for the life of me I can't remember the acronym I picked out for him and my cheat sheet in at home - works for a very nice organization and the company picnic was last Saturday at Circus World. Being the classy man that he is, I was included in the party and got to go too. It was totally awesome. I am just the kind of girl who loves the circus. The animals, the performers, the wagons, the ring, the food. And of course the company; Rocketgirl and spouse, Sunshine and Woody and the crazy nice people that are everywhere out here.
This is the hand stamp that let me in and seemingly does not come off:
As is to be expected, Sunshine was far more interested in the stuff her size:
And she loved the "monkey bars," though I wonder if her parents didn't get some ideas from this exhibit:
She got a kick out of the fun mirror too:
I'm a little miffed that I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the actual performances. I know why - flashes and all that bug the animals and can blow someone's concentration - but still, it's hard to describe the elephant that could walk on a ball - these are the elephants post performance:
The baby who was just learning:
Or the 'brothers' that flipped each other with their feet - without pictures. The main event was held here:
While we waited for lunch, and Woody got a nappy change, Sunshine and I wandered around the historical wagons:
This was right before I saw that sign that said, "don't touch the wagons." Oops:
There was a duck situation as we were crossing the bridge:
You have got to admit she is a freakishly photogenic child:
She must get it from her parents:
Certainly not from her aunt:
Other than the aforementioned diaper incident, Woody looked like this most of the day:
He was unimpressed with the circus. He did not emerge even for this lovely moment:
This is me, and Circus World was awesome.

3 comments:

ATL said...

You look like you have a split lip but other than that (which might be the fault of the computer screen) I really like that shot of you.

Elizabeth said...

I canNOT believe Rocketgirl looks that freaking good and she just gave birth...and how AWESOME! Man, I need to look into come up there...

Rocketgirl said...

I wish we could ahve spent more time there for you! But I'm so thrilled you got to come and had fun! I'm really, really glad we went. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

From Whence You Cometh