Thursday, August 13, 2009

Nothing Yet

Well, it's been two days now and there have been a lot of contractions but none in the pattern and timing that would indicate the eminent arrival of my next nephew. Rocketgirl is so irritated by the situation that she's about ready to reach in and pull the kid out. I don't recommend she do that but I can imagine the frustration. Especially since she isn't getting a decent night's sleep either.
In the meantime I feel a little bit extraneous. Sunshine is adorable but she's two and Rocketgirl has been taking care of her for years now, so she doesn't really need me. I can make dinner but that's only two hours in a day and then what? We really need this kid to arrive so I feel like I'm earning my keep.

This is me, waiting.

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

Don't believe a thing she says - she's entertaining Sunshine right now and let me have a friggin' 3 hour nap today - heck, she's our personal slave. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

From Whence You Cometh