Tuesday, October 28, 2008

She Is Sick, Sick, Sick

So, it seems that my once-a-year-lay-me-out-flat-for-two-week-sickness is upon me. Last year it hit me at Christmas so I suppose I should be thankful that I'm not missing anything this time. It started last Thursday with a raspy voice and I naively assumed it was my tonsils acting up again and I could get all the attention of sounding sick without actually being sick. (Am I wacked? Probably.) Ha ha ha. The joke is on me. Friday I had a few sniffles, Saturday my head felt like it was going to explode and Sunday I had a fever. I have also developed a wracking cough AND my voice isn't better yet. Yesterday was not a good day and today was worse. I didn't wake up until almost 11am and I didn't want to get up then. Everything made me lightheaded, doing the dishes nearly made me pass out, and I couldn't muster the strength to go out and get the paper. You know I am sick if I can't get the paper.
I think I am going to go to bed now and see if I can ignore it all by slipping quietly into unconsciousness.

This is me, sick.

4 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

You need to stop licking street urchins.

Elizabeth said...

Not missing anything??? What about Halloween!!! The most important Holiday of the year! okay, maybe not, but...

Elizabeth said...

by the way, hope you get better really soon...

Anonymous said...

Well hope you're getting better. But being sick like this only once a year isn't too bad. Hang in there.

From Whence You Cometh