Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Plus Two

It's that time of year again. I've never been one to dwell on age and what the number means, but 32 seems big. Maybe because I remember when my mother turned 32. I was 6 and had two, no three, siblings. I feel as if I'm lacking somehow. Not just the kid thing, though goodness knows I want that, but I'm not the housekeeper my mother is, the seamstress my mother is, the kitchen talent my mother is AND I don't have nine kids. Blah, blah, poor me. Perhaps I spent too much time alone today because I talked myself into a good funk. Fortunately Tarzan talked me out of it in time to go out for dinner. He's good like that; good at making me laugh and not taking myself too seriously. I got some seriously good wishes on Facebook, in comments and Rocketgirl and Sunshine made me a video! How could anyone be in a mood when those faces say they love you?
That's what I thought.
Some birthday cards have come. Thanks mother-in-law!:
From RHM, ever faithful:Tarzan took me out for sushi at one of our favorite hole-in-the-wall places that isn't quite as obscure as it once was. Still really good though. Didn't get a picture of the sushi but here's the "cake," red bean ice cream deep fried in tempura batter:Let's not forget presents!:I love my crazy, wonderful, practical husband. Yes, that IS a blender. The blade in our old one rusted stuck and I whined all summer about not being able to make smoothies. Now I can. And since it's still 93 degrees outside, it seems quite likely:He also got me chocolate, AND this cake. An ice cream cake, which I mentioned in May or something and he remembered! So good. I can't believe he got them to write all that on the cake, and that they managed to make it all fit:Leetle too much flash, but there have been worse self portraits:This is me, 32.

4 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Okay,I know you bleeped out your name - but the rest of the cake I cannot figure out what it says - as close as I can get to it - it says "Fur trimmer und agent". Seriously.
And that dessert fromt he hole-in-the-wall looks incredible --- PLEASE take me next time I'm in town!!!!!!!!!
(and wait until you see what MY gift was - heehee)

Pauly said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your day was as special as I know you deserve.

Lola said...

Happy birthday, a day late. I didn't know until Rocketgirl mentioned on her website and I watched that awesome Sunshine video. Did you just melt?

I was talking to her the other day about how a significant portion of the people in my life are Libras: her (16th), my mom (20th), my husband (13th), my niece and my favorite uncle on Mom's side (15th), and now you're on the 15th too! I generally think of astrology as an entertaining load of nonsense, but for some reason I'm drawn to Libras. . .

So, happy, happy, happy. I'm glad you had an awesome time and have regained the use of your Cuis.

From Whence You Cometh