Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Thumb-ness

And that is why Tom Bergeron is such a good host. I like Marlee and I think she did a good job up until the recent dances where she had to dance alone. It's totally logical. I mean, she's deaf. But I also liked her determination and her attitude. She genuinely - or enough so that it fooled me which I admit is not a difficult task - was happy for other couples and there was no guile when she said good bye last night. Unlike Shannon and Derek and their newly seen attitude which greatly annoyed me. I think they are the first couple to ever begrudge another pair their scores. On live television no less. Thankfully they apologized, but really. You can't take that sort of stuff back. The Riverdance number was awesome and I have to salute the Macy's Stars of Dance series for getting all types of dancers.
**********************************************************************************************
I went to the doctor yesterday for the consultation about my "trigger finger-that-is-actually-a-thumb" and with no warning whatsoever got my first injection of Cortisone. On the good side it didn't burn nearly as much as I had been told (thanks ever-so for those nightmares chellochice!); on the bad side I was totally unprepared to get a shot. I don't like getting shots. You would think, being diabetic as I am and having three injections a day for nearly 20 years would make me immune to getting stuck, but no. Actually the opposite is true. I can control the needle stick - and hence the pain - when I do it myself. I have no idea what those fly-by-night nurses are going to do when they get going. And doctors don't even give shots that often so they are obviously out of practice. I love how they apologize for it hurting. Like that's going to make me less likely to cry on their desk.
All in all it wasn't too bad. I felt it, but the anesthetic kicked in quick and the hardest part to deal with was not feeling my thumb for an hour. Weird; weirder than Novocaine at the dentist.

This is me, hoping it works.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Welcome! :)

He gave you an anesthetic!? That's why it didn't burn!!! And yeah, doctors have to give that shot cause of the type of drug it is, and I got mine in the elbow.

Think of it this way: you went in expecting something really bad when it wasn't that bad at all. Wouldn't you rather it be like that than expecting something not too bad and it being really bad? :)

Rocketgirl said...

I cannot comment on this post because the second I saw the word "injection" I closed my eyes, quickly scanned the entry for something involving the word "maimed" or "death" and then clicked the comment button. I'm too m uch of a pansy to relive any needle talk today, sorry:)

From Whence You Cometh