Monday, April 14, 2008

Once More My Friends

Since it worked SO well last week, I once again present my comments on the performance of the celebrities on this week's DWTS as it happens. Well, delayed 15 minutes for the skipping commercials ability. It is SO frustrating when I watch a show live and can't fast forward the commercials...
And what is up with having two Latin dances on one night? There must be more Smooth dances that they aren't doing. and with the samba and the rumba I have to agree with Tom's on "night with the smallest amount of clothing" comment. And Sam does look gorgeous in royal blue.
Mario's samba was not bad. Hee hee, I love that Karina calls him "poopie." The tempo of their song was a little bit slow but they did good. Those are the tightest tuxedo pants I have ever seen.
I liked Priscella's face and make up but I didn't think the poncho was all that. Dang that woman looks good for 63. It was a little all-in-one-place. And I think she missed a turn or something there in the middle. But Louis is freaking amazing. That man is made out of rubber, I swear he can contort into ANY shape. And that is not a bad score for someone who "disappointed" Len.
Wow, Tony man, that is some shimmying there. And what a nice chest too, dude. Marissa's samba was a little slow too, unless it's just me tonight. The music, I mean, was slow. She certainly gave it her all though.
Did I see Cheryl and Christian laughing at each other during that rumba? I think I did. And it's true, the rumba is hard to judge for a guy, well for anyone, because it's such a make-a-move-and-then-pose kind of dance. And the guys don't even get to wear tiny clothes to distract the viewers.
Oooooh, Marlee had a hard time with the samba. It was most definitely not her dance. And I get that it's hard and even harder for her because she can't hear the music and the music does change so it's not a constant beat to count out...but still, not a great dance.
What is Mark wearing on his legs? Those are the widest, softest pants I think I have ever seen on the the dance floor. Like, velour bell bottoms or something. I could have done with more hips out of Kristi's rumba, but she was very long and soft and far more emotional but also controlled than anyone else thus far tonight.
Not in love with Shannon's patterned legs and she needs to move her hips more too. Good thing she has the ruffles. I don't know if I would dis her as much as Len did, they certainly were energetic and gave it their all. I agree with Carrie-Ann though that Shannon's shapes aren't great, she's very lanky and I think she needs to work on reining it in. Just a bit.
Jason has some moves. He has hips for sure. And he is graceful, which is weird. Don't know what the NFL is teaching their players but it seems to be working. He might beat Kristi out for the title this season. And if anyone deserves it, it sure is Edyta. But dang, are you sure people are supposed to bend like that?

This is me, bringing you the latest, whether you want it or not.

2 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

SO ... I'm way behind of this, but one of the girls is LDS? I remember seeing some expose on some gossip show where they were talking about how she is going to stay a virgin until she's married and what a SHOCK that was, but I didn't put two and two together... dish, please!

Anonymous said...

Rocketgirl: that's Julianne and her brother Derek Hough. -R

From Whence You Cometh