Thursday, April 10, 2008

Kitchen Gadget Store

Is it a sad situation that most of the people who read this thing do it for Dancing With The Stars? I was checking my statistics and 90% of the activity is on pages that talk about the competition. Not that I mind if people find my opinions fascinating...really, it's okay. But am I only fascinating when I post about the show? Or do I talk about it just that much? Surely something else happens in my life?
Besides the weekly meme from The Back Porch people I mean.
::Onesome: Kitchen- What's your favorite room at your place? Do you migrate towards the kitchen, or prefer to cozy up in the living room? ...or do you prefer the patio? ...or even the back porch?

  • For pure comfort, I love our bed. We have a really nice queen-sized bed. It's kinda high off the floor, we have to "climb" into it, sort of, and we got the pillow topped mattress. It is so nice. But it's not very practical. For actual use, the desk in the living room is my most common spot because then I am connected to you, my friends in Internetland. I can watch TV from there, answer the phone, see the clock and the stove all at the same time.

::Twosome: Gadget- What's your favorite gadget type item and why?

  • Ooooh, gadgets are hard. Mine are mostly kitchen related - the apple corer/slicer is awesome. The garlic press not so much. The melon baller is great too. The egg slicer has the best story though. In our young and stupid days, Tarzan and I thought we could make a soft-boiled egg hard-boiled if we put it in the microwave. Then we tried to slice it...I think there may still be egg yolk on the ceiling of the apartment. It was everywhere, my hair, my eyes, Tarzan's hair, the floor, the counter, the ceiling, the walls - who knew that was so much material to a single egg?

::Threesome: Store- What's your favorite store to browse, even if you never actually buy anything there?

  • Any and all book stores.
This is me, working on my interesting life.

4 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Did we ever tell you our Ukranian cousin who lived with us (you know the one) did the same thing?!?!?!) I was sitting on the front porch when I heard an explosion and a dazed Ukranian stumbling out of the house covered in egg bits - we had to replace the carpet because we couldn't find all the egg! (kay, we were going to do it anyway, but still)... so it happns to the best of cooks:) Did you hurt yourself?!?!

Lola said...

It took me a while to settle on the right garlic press, and it cost around twenty bucks, which is probably waaaay too much to pay for a garlic press, but it's AWESOME. OXO Good Grips. I highly recommend their garlic press. Yum, garlicky.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, I found that extremely entertaining. What a great prank to play on someone...that will have to stick in the back of my mind...what a mess though!

Michael said...

Quick & Simple Ideas to Update your Kitchen


The quickest and most easy way to save time in your kitchen is with excellence labor-saving side dishes. These include cutting board and colanders, drain strainers, rinse baskets/basin racks, series dispenser, pot racks and miscellaneous accessories. In addition to the popular chrome and polished brass finishes, new unique styles in oil-rubbed bronze, contemporary designs in brushed chrome, dramatic wrought iron finishes, radiance stainless, pearl nickel and more, provides amazing for everyone’s graph style.

How to wish

Begin by formative your style first choice; country (shaker, country French, mission), casual/contemporary or usual.

How do you ensure that your kitchen doesn't look cluttered? Take accurate measurements to establish the number and type of garnishes you will need, and then select the finish that will match up with your décor, and your modern faucet & fixture style and close.

For case, adding a soap (and/or lotion) dispenser eliminates the need for separate hand-soap, dish detergent and lotion bottles and keep counters clear and orderly looking. Most of our dispensers match the style and finish of our faucets. They can also fill an additional faucet hole eliminating the need for an escutcheon cover.

Escutcheon plates, also known as base plates, are mounted under the faucet spout and reaches out to cover pre-drilled holes that will not be used when raising the Kitchen Product faucet or accessories.

From Whence You Cometh