Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Visualize Whirled Peas

Several - read, five - days late this time, but it was not from laziness or lack of desire. Thursday, as you may have noticed, was Tarzan's birthday and while I love my Back Porch peeps, nothing comes before the man. Then Friday, bright and early we were out and off to The Temperate Zone for our annual Picnic Day excursion. After the festivities we drove back Saturday night. Then Sunday after church we were off to The Desert to drop off the siblings and THEN we had DWTS last night. I have a rep you know. But here we are with last week's meme, this week.
::Onesome: Visualize-- Hmmm...How are you on maps and mapping? Are you one of those people who can translate the paper version to what you're seeing on the road? ...or do you rely on a 'trusy native guide' (or GPS unit) to get you around someplace you've never been?


  • Hahahahahahaa! That's such a funny question considering the weekend we just had. I love the map. I can even read a map. But the first time I go anywhere I always get lost-ish. I make a wrong turn or miss an exit, blah, blah, blah. Every time. I'm pretty sure the same would happen with a GPS. I figure that's how I learn my way around. I can navigate The Jungle like a pro!

::Twosome: Whirled-- about in your head: did you ever have a phrase or song lyric you "just got wrong"? You know, like that Hendix "Kiss this guy" malapropism...

  • Yeah, all the time. But I can't think of any at the moment, probably because I'm sitting here...as a side note, does anyone else have issues with songs in foreign languages? I have to make up English words that sort of sound the same if I want to listen to a song in another language.
::Threesome: Peas-- porridge hot? Even though we're looking to the end of Winter (at least here in the Northern Hemisphere), what has been your favorite hot meal this past few months?
  • It sounds weird but I love one of the recipes off the side of the Pasta-Roni box. White Shells and Cheddar with tuna and veggies. It's great. Total comfort food and way easy to make.

This is me, getting back to it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize there's no blog rule about not posting more than one a day. *grin* -R

Rocketgirl said...

I havea super awesome GPS, but I still miss jsut about everyt exit. Good thing about that is that then it will find an alternative route for me:) And those box recipieces are awesome... oo, I think I'll have some mac and cheese now!!

Elizabeth said...

lol, I have witnessed Rocketgirl missing turn/exit-ness personally, and it is super-awesome that the GPS finds the new route for you! I need to get me one of those...

Elizabeth said...

lol, I have witnessed Rocketgirl missing turn/exit-ness personally, and it is super-awesome that the GPS finds the new route for you! I need to get me one of those...

From Whence You Cometh