Monday, April 21, 2008

Nearing The End

Tonight is the one single dance and one group dance night. And maybe because he was so good last week, Jason was up first tonight. With a cha-cha. I wonder if those intro videos make it better or worse to be on the floor? Or if the competitors even see the videos. Are they serious about the timing thing? OMG. There have been so many missed steps in this competition and much worse than this one. I liked it, though, I have to admit to being distracted by Edyta's bikini. I really think that woman would go naked if it was legal.
Oy. Shannon and Derek need a new hook. Derek can only go to the hospital so many times. And Ew. On the outfit. Good color but not anything else. In fact, I think it's distracting me from the dance. Derek's high kick was not really a rumba move. And nasty comments from the judges. Is Sam trying to get them to say they are seeing each other?
Now if the samba was not a good dance for Marlee, what would make them think the mambo was a good idea? It wasn't bad, certainly not the disaster from last week, though stepping wrong was obvious because Fabian stepped on her foot. There were some cute pieces, but there's so much time spent apart and she can't feel the music and that's what the mambo is. A pity because she has done really well up to now.
(As an aside, this is the week that the judges rein in the scores and give everyone a low score or they'd have to give out all 10s)
Dude it's a foxtrot, not a flamenco...and Cheryl's feathers are gigantic. Sheesh. She was IN that dance. I mean, Christian did a good job - nice technique in the pool BTW - but Cheryl was hitting the marks like she'd die if she didn't. And it was hard to not look away from the Pepto dress.
Uh, what' the heck is that song? It started out funky but I guess it got better. A little. I have to point out that what Marissa danced was not a Viennese Waltz. A nice, pretty waltz, yes. But a Viennese Waltz is closed, always closed and that was not. Closed. There were under-arm turns and leg lifts and there are none of those in a Viennese Waltz. It was a good dance and she kept her head. I liked it.
Dang, Kristi is good. She even remembered to do the little flip thing with her skirt! And Mark maybe needs to rein it in just a tad. He was really kicking it there. But she kept up with him and that is not hard to do. Most jives are just not that fast. And that is the first perfect score of the season.
Two rumbas? Who scheduled this evening? But that little kid calling him "poopie" was better than any dance. What is Karina wearing? She seems to be taking a page from Edyta's book and wearing the sheet they are supposedly sleeping in. It was a good dance - I liked it. But I think there were some lifts, several definite lifts. And there it is reflected in the marks.
Group dance: Apparently the choreographer has been watching the show...check out the size difference between Kristi and Jason! Mario should lose the attitude - it's making me like him less. Who dropped Edyta on her head?! Nice. Costumes. Ladies. What is the deal? Men don't vote, so I don't know what the deal is with the barely there outfits. On any night. Awww, that was so cute. I love Cotton-Eyed Joe and that was just so fun. The line dip was adorable, the lifts were cool. Don't know that Mario's lift was the hardest, Shannon's was complicated but not as effortless. Jason was awesome. Just so fun. I know I said it before, but it was.

This is me, voting, and sure Kristi will take it all.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Girl, we need to get together for a weekend or something. Seriously, Danny Kaye, The Slipper and the Rose, and I am sure a million other movies that we both love.

Q said...

Die Hard 3

From Whence You Cometh